Marketing embraces psychology, consumer behaviour, management, innovation, sociology and popular culture and is central to life in the 21st century.
Marketing graduates, with understanding of the dynamics of modern business marketing, are highly employable, and this professionally-accredited degree will ensure you are up-to-date with developments in communications, digital and social media as well as essential business functions like finance, HRM and operations.
After studying buyer behaviour, marketing data analysis, branding, competition, and media and communications, combine it all in practical assignments.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn from staff with extensive industry experience as you engage with real marketing projects
- Study the latest marketing developments ensuring you graduate with up-to-date knowledge
- Develop your career opportunities with an optional placement and links to industry practitioners
- Gain knowledge of marketing and communications areas including management, marketing in contemporary contexts, marketing data and international business
- Explore a range of potential career options including sales, brand management, business development, market research, communications and customer liaison
- Benefit from studying a degree accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), with an optional placement (sandwich) year.
In each year of study, you will be involved in practical marketing projects from real companies and you will interact with professional practitioners, allowing you to engage with theory and practice and encourage you to make links between your studies and workplace practice.
This provides you with an understanding of modern business marketing and will ensure that you are up-to-date with developments in communications, digital and social media, as well as business functions like finance, HRM and operations.
Our professionally-accredited course will provide you with the opportunity to take the Introductory Certificate in Marketing qualification awarded by the renowned Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), with further exemption opportunities for the CIM Professional Certificate and CIM Professional Diploma.
After graduation, this could provide a great way to start your marketing career and save you time and money towards your professional marketing qualification.
The combination of subjects you will take throughout this course will allow you to think rigorously and creatively about problems. Employers value people who can get things done and on this course you will bring the thinking and doing together.
The Marketing BA (Hons) course will enable you to access a varied career path which will enable you to experience marketing and marketing communications and potentially be employed within areas of integrated brand communications, specialist marketing or in-house functions e.g. advertising, client-side brand management, business to business marketing, industrial marketing and for Not for Profit organisations.
Alternatively, you may want to further your studies in specialist areas of marketing communications e.g. corporate communications, media planning, or take a Masters programme including MA Marketing, MSc Marketing Communications, and some MBA programmes.