The BSc Marketing with Tourism Management course aims to enable you to develop the necessary skills for, and knowledge, practice and understanding of, the tourism industry.
You will become a self-directed, self-regulated reflexive learner, using an awareness of opportunities for careers or further study in the tourism industry.
With a good grounding in business and marketing the course offers students an industry focus in tourism management with good employment opportunities across a range of employment opportunities in both marketing and tourism roles.
This inter-disciplinary course combines key subject areas of business, marketing and tourism management in a practice-oriented way that allows you to develop a deep theoretical understanding and practical knowledge of tourism marketing and management.
The University of Bedfordshire is a member of The Association for Tourism in Higher Education (ATHE). ATHE is the subject association for tourism in higher education in the UK. It represents universities that are leading providers of tourism programmes.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Benefit from a course that opens up career opportunities as a business and conference organiser, outdoor activities/education manager, theme park marketing manager, tourist information centre manager, travel agency manager, tour operator marketing manager, hotel and leisure marketing manager, and offers access to a wide choice of further study.
- Learn essential skills for careers in the tourism industry, in a department with close links to local tourism, hospitality and business organisations.
- Study areas including: intercultural management in tourism, tourism and society, critical issue in tourism and hospitality, business practice, marketing, consumer behaviour and marketing communications through a combination of classroom-based learning and fieldwork activities.
- Gain additional insights through field trips to local and international organisations facilitated by your Department.
- Explore the relevant theory and research areas and learn how to apply them through practice, when you will work on real-life briefs and case studies.
The course aims to develop your employability by involving you in the application of concepts in industry-related scenarios and practice-based experiences. In this way, you will develop and apply the skills necessary to work in the international tourism industry. The distinctiveness of the course is reflected in the practice-based employability initiatives of the Business School, such as the practice weeks: you will be trained on attributes and behaviours that employers wish to see in their graduate recruits such as confidence, negotiation, time management, team work and planning. Each year of study makes use of practice-based learning (e.g. case studies drawn from industry and real life briefs put together by marketing and tourism practitioners) and you will develop specific skills and capabilities related to marketing and tourism management. You will also experience inputs by ex-alumni, managers, through visits and guest lectures, enabling you to create your own professional expertise for future job opportunities. In your final year of study you will be able to expand upon your career aspirations by conducting an in depth research project in your area of interest.
Students who register for the degree with professional practice year will additionally attend a series of workshops and activities related to securing a suitable placement and compulsory briefings at the end of year 2 to ensure that all legal requirements for health and safety, safeguarding etc. training have been met,. This will be explained more fully in your professional practice handbook once you have registered with the Careers and Employability Services Student Development and Awards Team in your first year. If you will be working with children and/or vulnerable people you will be required to have a DBS check and undertake Safeguarding and Prevent training.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>