Focusing on employability and enhancing your abilities, this course will also help develop your general communication and interpersonal skills, making it perfect for early career professionals and graduates. It will also help you to better articulate your skills, abilities and achievements to create a personal development portfolio for use in your CV and job applications.
Emphasis is placed on gaining an advanced and applied understanding of the key aspects of international business, enabling you to converse with global business through practical application and contemporary theory.
- An early career MBA, ideal for recent graduates or those with no managerial experience.
- A key focus of the course is on enhancing transferable skills, as well as helping you to articulate your abilities and achievements in a way to grab employers’ attention when applying for jobs.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in exclusive business talks and events, enabling you to build a network of industry contacts.
- You will be able to benefit from the new Student Advice Centre (SAC) with appointment/private meeting rooms, allowing you to discuss any queries you may have in a more confidential nature.
Structure and assessment
- Principles of Business Finance
- Developing Enterprise
- Knowing Yourself for Professional Success
- Business Across Cultures
- Strategic Management
- Leadership and Culture in Organisational Contexts
- Professional Field Experience (15 month option only) – This module requires students to participate in a self-organised internship / social innovation project / volunteering / short commercial assistance that entails a minimum of 30 hours of work (conducted any time between June – August each summer).
Plus choose one elective module from the following:
- Project Management (a core module on the 12 month programme)
- Global Supply Chain Management
- International Marketing
- Sustainable Business
- Business in India
Plus choose one of the following:
Note: All modules are subject to change in order to keep content current.
Facilities and features
The programme is based in the Great Hall of what was once Leicester Castle. Originally built in approximately 1150, and then extensively rebuilt in approximately 1523, the Great Hall has recently undergone an extensive restoration project. Based in Leicester’s historical Castle Quarter adjacent to the university, the Great Hall will provide a prestigious and inspirational setting for students who have the passion and talent to change the business world.
Students will also be taught in the Hugh Aston Building, which was purpose-built at a cost of £35 million. Facilities include break-out spaces for group work; quiet study zones for individual work, high-spec IT labs, a bookshop and a café. Learning will be supported by access to DMU’s excellent facilities.
The main Kimberlin Library is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (other than in exceptional circumstances) and offers a huge range of online resources, all of which can be remotely accessed from anywhere you choose.
The library is run by dedicated staff who offer additional support to students, including help with academic writing, research strategies, literature searching and reference management and assistive technology, and mathematical skills for non-maths students. There is also a Just Ask service for help and advice, available via email or telephone.
Our Learning Zones and the The Greenhouse also provide space for group or individual work and study.
There are 1,600 study places across all library locations, more than 700 computer stations, laptops to borrow, free wi-fi and desktop power outlets.
You can also book rooms with plasma screens, laptops and DVD facilities for group work and presentations, secure an individual study room with adjustable lighting or make use of our assistive technology.
Opportunities and careers
This is our innovative international experience programme which aims to enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons – helping you to become a global graduate, equipped to meet the needs of employers across the world.
Through #DMUglobal, we offer a wide range of opportunities including on-campus and UK activities, overseas study, internships, faculty-led field trips and volunteering, as well as Erasmus+ and international exchanges.
Enhance your existing qualifications and career prospects with a specialist focus on management in an international context. You will benefit from access to DMU’s established Careers and Employability Team, who offer employability sessions and workshops, with personalised support via a careers coach to advise you on your options and to help develop your plans
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>