Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Mathematics explores numbers, data, quantity, structure, space, models, and change, and mathematical applications are fundamental to business and society. If you have a passion for mathematics, this course will help you to discover the proper application of modern techniques.
The Mathematics degree course blends theory and practical applications so that you’ll be fully prepared for specialist employment in a broad range of roles and sectors. You’ll study in an informal, supportive environment which we believe is one of the reasons that pass rates on this course are so high. A large proportion of Mathematics students graduate with at least an upper-second-class degree. Our courses have consistently scored highly in the National Student Survey.
All of our undergraduate courses are accredited by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, which is our guarantee that this course is current and relevant to the needs of business. Our close links with industry mean that, if you wish, you’ll have the opportunity to take up job placements with some of the world’s leading companies.
Every year we offer a small number of Mathematics Undergraduate Research Scholarships (MURS), giving successful applicants funding for a six-to-eight-week placement in one of our research teams. This is a great opportunity for you to further your research interests and contribute to the academic activities of the mathematics department.
More student opportunities
Our students have recently formed a Mathematics Society, and you’ll have the opportunity to take part in regular events hosted on campus by the local branch of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications.
Careers and employability
Our recent Mathematics graduates have gone onto work in the following roles and companies:
- BMI Baby – accounting assistant
- Nomura – international technology analyst
- Bradford and Bingley – portfolio officer
- Shell International Trading and Shipping – finance administrator
- Brackman Chopra LLP – trainee accountant
- Caisson Investment Management – investment analyst
- Chase Evans – accounts payable officer
- Drop Test Kits – product technician
- FDM – trainee software test analyst
- Interoute – graduate accounts assistant (commissions)
- Oegen – junior programmer / project manager.
Their salaries range from £16,000 – £30,000 per year.
They have also started careers in:
- industrial and commercial mathematics
- statistical applications systems modelling
- software engineering
- IT applications
- teaching and research.