This degree provides you with both the academic skills to understand and analyse the media, and the practical skills to work within the industry as an effective communicator and analyst.
You explore the social, historical and political aspects of contemporary media (including radio, film, television, press, media institutions and new media technologies), unpacking how these ever-evolving areas work and the roles they play in modern life. Alongside this, you choose a specialist area (such as radio, online media or journalism) to develop your practical production experience.
You also produce a special project, creating a portfolio of work (ideal to show future employers) or writing a dissertation on an aspect of the media you would like to explore in more depth.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Gives a solid grounding in how the media works, both nationally and globally
- Offers opportunities for specialisation in the area of your choice
- Your independent project helps develop your skills in research, problem solving and analysis as well as building personal confidence and communication skills
- Benefit from a course that paves the way to a career in the media industry but also in the creative industries (print and audio-visual media companies), PR and marketing, media research or teaching
- Take the course over four years and include a fee-free year’s placement in industry (see below), gaining experience and making contacts for the future
- If you need a step-up into higher education, start with a Foundation Year (see below) which guarantees entry to the degree course
Presentations by practitioners, regular input from our Careers and Employability Service during all levels of your study as well as specifically designed units with the world of work in focus (such as Working In the Media), will help you be ready for your career.
You will have opportunities to volunteer in the organisation of extra-curricular and co-curricular events throughout the year, such as conferences, festivals, degree shows, and open days, which will lead you to membership of our Professional Leadership Academy.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>