Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
Are you a busy working healthcare professional or academic who has an interest in the teaching of medical and other healthcare professionals? Our part-time MSc Medical Education degree could give you the skills you need to enhance your career prospects.
Our multidisciplinary programme offers a flexible blended learning approach of distance learning with residential workshops to suit busy working professionals. You will study the science of learning and the evidence base for educational practice; it links educational theory and evidence to the practice of education in healthcare in a variety of settings and roles.
Your programme is professionally focused, and applied to education within different contexts, such as classroom, clinic and community.
Your course will explore the key challenges, contemporary issues and the latest research in medical and health professions education, and help you develop knowledge and skills in curriculum development, teaching, learning, assessment, and conducting educational research into yours and others educational practice.
WHY MEDICAL EDUCATION AT SWANSEA UNIVERSITY?
- Top 3 Medical School in the UK (The Guardian University Guide and the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- 1st in the UK for Research Environment 2nd in the UK for Research Quality – Research Framework (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Postgraduate students have access to facilities in the £100 million Institute of Life Science building
- What Uni? Student Choice Award 2017 Winner – Postgraduate
- Limited number of scholarships available for ABMU staff
- Degree is aligned to the GMC Trainer Recognition criteria
- PGCert Aligned with the UK PSF criterial Fellowship of the HEA
- Interactive group work learning online
- Two research projects in place of a dissertation
- One to one supervision available to students undertaking research projects
YOUR MEDICAL EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
As soon as you start your MSc Medical Education degree you will be asked to take a proactive role in directing your learning across all modules.
The majority of your course will be delivered via distance learning, including online activities, lectures, group discussions and assigned tutor meetings.
The on-campus residential sessions will take place during the first modules of each year typically in October. You will take part in a series of workshops, practical sessions and one-to-one tutorials. These contact sessions will allow you to get to know each other, develop peer-support networks, and get to know the faculty.
MEDICAL EDUCATION EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We have carefully designed the course to ensure that each qualification addresses different competencies that may attract diverse audiences or learners at different stages of their career. We aim to provide you with an increased knowledge and understanding of Medical Education, and the skills and knowledge you need to apply your learning to professional practice.
As such, this Master’s degree will give you the in-depth knowledge of the field to potentially enhance your prospects for career progression.