On this course you will study two languages including French, German and Spanish, as well as education. You can choose to specialize in digital learning in education and technology enhanced learning. You will have a year abroad and the option to work as an English Foreign Language teacher through the British Council. Throughout the course, you will also have the option of studying translation and culture. The degree leads to multiple career options in Education, Government, Translation, Marketing and Public Relations.
WHY MODERN LANGUAGES WITH EDUCATION AT SWANSEA?
Based on our stunning Singleton Park campus, in parkland overlooking Swansea Bay on the edge of the Gower Peninsula:
- You will be taught by research experts who specialize in education, languages and translation;
- You will have an academic mentor who will provide you with any support you may need;
- You can meet exchange students at weekly ‘language cafés’ to chat in the languages you are studying;
- You have the option to study some modules in Welsh.
YOUR MODERN LANGUAGES WITH EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
Modern Languages and Education at Swansea is a flexible degree offering a wide-range of specialist modules. You will have a year abroad and the opportunity to undertake work placements in organisations such as schools, local authorities, businesses and charities to enhance your student experience and your career prospects.
You will learn from innovative experts who have strong national and international links.
MODERN LANGUAGES WITH EDUCATION EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The department’s graduates enter careers including:
- Government & Politics
- Translation and Interpreting
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Postgraduate study
You will need an additional Initial Teacher Education (ITE) or Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) qualification to become a teacher.