This exciting biotechnology postgraduate degree is designed to give you the theoretical and practical skills needed for a career in Biotechnology within companies and research organisations.
Biotechnology is a key international growth area and this course is driven by the latest commercial and research advances in the field. Students have the opportunity to learn from experienced academic researchers with the possibility of undertaking a research project in industry.
This course is ideal if you:
– are a recently qualified undergraduate and are looking for the professional skills needed to obtain a job in a Biotechnology company
– are working in an organisation and want a masters-level qualification to give you a competitive edge
– require the skills and experience needed to study for a research degree
– are an international student who would like to study abroad
– would like a course delivered by experienced research academics, with the possibility of completing a research project in industry
– want to use cutting-edge facilities to develop your own learning and research.
Careers and employability
This Biotechnology Masters degree provides students with the professional skills, experience and knowledge necessary to pursue a wide range of careers within the field of biotechnology, alongside valuable transferable skills. Students would also be well-placed to study for a PhD.
This course offers you the opportunity on the Sandwich-route option, to take a one year placement. If you start this course in September / October you will complete your placement following your taught modules and research project. If you start in January you will complete one term of taught modules and your project, then go on placement before returning to NTU for your final term of modules.
Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Practice
To qualify for the additional qualification of Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Practice (PGDIPP) you must submit a work placement portfolio which includes a placement diary, reflective report and updated CV, as well as deliver an oral presentation on your placement experience.
Help and support
We will work closely with you to help you strengthen your CV and interview techniques. During the placement year, an academic member of staff will visit at least twice to check on your progress and offer any advice.