Our MSc Design: Products and Technology course encourages a broad and diverse range of approaches to design practice, which include: manufacturing, computer science and technology, artificial intelligence for control, robotics, project management, inclusive design, and emerging technologies, such as advanced Internet techniques.
Who is this course designed for?
Our MSc Design: Products and Technology course is aimed at design professionals or graduates with a design-related honours degree.This course, and the associated support provided by the University, will enable graduates to develop advanced design, technological and manufacturing skills, enabling them to start their own business, work within the manufacturing industry, design consultancies, research and development organisations, or to progress to further study by engaging in research.
Why study this course?
– Our course is accredited by the Chartered Society of Designers (CSD), recognising the quality and relevance of the course content, and allowing you to gain free membership as a full-time student for the duration of your studies.
– Benefit from the industry-standard facilities at our City Campus, in the heart of Nottingham’s city centre. Supported by our team of expert technicians, you’ll have access to our machining and manufacturing workshops, laboratories, modern CAD/CAM studios and dedicated studio for Masters students.
– Turn your design ideas into a viable business with help from The Hive – NTU’s purpose-built Centre for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise, which supports students and graduates looking to form their own company. You’ll also be supported by NTU’s Employability Team, providing tailored career advice and guidance.
– Benefit from our established and new links to commercial organisations, industry professionals and university experts. Our research activities are universally-recognised and supported by grants from a variety of funding organisations.
– You’ll go on study visits throughout your course to give you the opportunity to gain design inspiration and experience design in practice.
– Benefit from our team of expert academic staff who have significant experience of working in practice.
– Showcase your work as part of the NTU Degree Shows. Employers and industry professionals are invited to the exhibition, providing our postgraduate students with an invaluable opportunity to expand their professional network.
– Our flexible study options support part-time learners, who wish to balance employment with further study.
– Become part of a strong student design community. Our studio-based culture supports peer-to-peer learning and helps to set work in a professional context, fostering a spirit of interdisciplinary and teamwork.
Careers and employability
Our School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment has an outstanding reputation for producing employable graduates: 97% of postgraduate students are in work or further study within just six months of graduating (DLHE 2015-2016).