Digital Marketing is one of the fastest growing, most dynamic areas of the marketing industry. This constantly evolving field continually pioneers new technology and our MSc Digital Marketing degree prepares you for a fascinating career.
During this course you will be exposed to a broader view of marketing, the growing significance of digital marketing and the impact these activities have on people, organisations and societies. Now is an exciting and challenging time to study digital marketing. It’s helping to redefine the nature of customer relationships, along with the increased use of global marketing strategies, more sophisticated branding techniques, integrated marketing communications and e-commerce.
Finally, in your third semester, you’ll choose an experiential project. With the opportunity to use your skills in a real-world setting, you can choose from completing a consultancy experience project, an internship experience project, a business research project or a global experience project.
This degree has been designed in close collaboration with senior digital marketers and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) to expose you to the very latest thinking, tools and techniques in digital and social media marketing. It aims to give you the skills sought after by today’s employers and opportunities to work at a strategic and tactical level. When you successfully complete your MSc Digital Marketing degree, you’ll have the opportunity to gain an extra qualification, the Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing upon successful completion of an assessment. You’ll also be given the opportunity to attend the Google workshops which will be run by Google Partners to gain a professional accreditation that Google offers to individuals who demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of AdWords.
Our marketing courses at Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University are ranked 14th in the Complete University Guide 2019.
What you’ll gain from this degree?
– a Graduate Gateway accreditation from the CIM which means you will have the option to gain a second professional qualification.
– learn skills and knowledge within strategic marketing and digital marketing processes.
– demonstrate knowledge and understanding of digital marketing tactics and implementation.
– effectively use information and communication technologies relevant to the marketing discipline.
– demonstrate knowledge and understanding of traditional and contemporary debates related to the philosophy and practice of digital marketing.
– analyse a variety of relevant data used in diverse contexts to support effective decision making in the marketing discipline.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this course have gone onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
– digital media planner
– digital marketing executive
– internet marketing analyst
– digital marketing managers
– account managers