Our new MSc Management and Business Analytics course started in September 2018 – introduces you to the world of ‘big data’ and the impact it is having within businesses across the globe.
In your first semester, you will shape your leadership and management skills to become an effective 21st century manager, gaining and excellent understanding of the core subjects, enabling you to put theory and contemporary thinking into practice.
During your second semester, you’ll understand the value of business analytics within an organisation, its impact on decision-making and the problems faced in interpreting big data. You’ll face practical challenges and focus on applying descriptive statistics to analyse real-world data. You will be developing skills within:
– quantitative methods for data analysis;
– understand the business analytics process;
– acquire the knowledge to identify machine learning models to predict uncertain events in a business environment;
– learn current trends within business analytics:
– mobile BI
– sentiment / emotion analysis
– text analysis
– event stream processing.
Finally, in your third semester, you’ll choose an experiential project. With the opportunity to use your skills in a real-world setting, you can choose from completing a consultancy experience project, an internship experience project, a business research project or a global experience project.
What you’ll gain from this degree?
– develop an understanding on the relationship between business strategies and business analytics.
– demonstrate an understanding of a range of strategic models that can be utilised to explore and guide effective action in dynamic organisational environments.
– explore data analytics application in real-world business environment.
– enhance your skills within quantitative research, statistical analysis, spatial and temporal analytics.
– identify some of the types of data and potential problems that may be encountered within operations and sales.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this course are expected to go onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
– junior analyst
– business consultant
– market research analyst
– data analytics manager