Our MSc Management and Finance course starts with exploring the global finance companies structure, markets, regulatory functions and their changing roles within society. You’ll also focus on the analysis of financial statements to improve management decision-making, as well as the role of ethics and sustainability.
You’ll consider key aspects of the financial management of corporations in a multinational environment. This will help you develop a detailed understanding of key finance theories, as well as strong critical analysis skills, to help improve your management decision making by applying and evaluating a range of analytical techniques.
Finally, in your third semester, you’ll choose an experiential project. With the opportunity to use your skills in a real-world setting, you can choose from completing a consultancy experience project, an internship experience project, a business research project or a global experience project.
When you graduate, you’ll receive both the Masters degree and a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) qualification in Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership. Our partnership with the CMI means that you’ll enjoy complimentary student membership for the duration of your course, and for the first year after graduation.
We are pleased to announce our Management courses are ranked amongst the top 100 internationally in the Financial Times (FT) Masters in Management (MiM) ranking.
What you’ll gain from this degree?
– explore and develop an understanding of the theoretical techniques, concepts and methods employed in financial risk management.
– demonstrate a detailed understanding of the key finance theories.
– develop specialist skills and knowledge within corporate finance and risk management.
– demonstrate proficiency in the use of techniques of research and enquiry to draw conclusions from a critical evaluation of relevant issues.
– demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and critical understanding of theoretical and practical aspects of innovation processes and the impact of organisational context on these processes.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this course have gone onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
– financial analysis
– assistant manager
– financial manager
– client associate
– financial risk management