Our MSc Management and Marketing course has been designed to underpin knowledge associated with the practice of marketing. You will become familiar with the fundamental issues and concepts relating to marketing practice.
During your studies you will explore the marketing planning process, marketing concepts and debates. You will also develop an in-depth understanding of the complexities of the consumer by exploring buyer behaviour. To do this you will reflect on your own buying behaviour and how it is impacted by people and events around you. You will become equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary to develop and implement innovative, value-adding marketing solutions to help maintain superior customer satisfaction.
You’ll become a well-rounded manager able to operate globally and across a wide variety of business environments. We’ll give you the theoretical insights and practical relevance necessary for a successful graduate career in management.
Finally, in your third semester, you’ll choose an experiential project. With the opportunity to use your skills in a real-world setting, you can choose from completing a consultancy experience project, an internship experience project, a business research project or a global experience project.
When you graduate, you’ll receive both the Masters degree and a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) qualification in Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership. Our partnership with the CMI means that you’ll enjoy complimentary student membership for the duration of your course, and for the first year after graduation.
We are pleased to announce our Management courses are ranked amongst the top 100 internationally in the Financial Times (FT) Masters in Management (MiM) ranking.
What you’ll gain from this degree?
– demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the strategic marketing process
– demonstrate knowledge and understanding of marketing tactics and implementation
– understand marketing principles and practices and key analytical techniques.
– demonstrate an appreciation of the wider social, environmental and economic sustainability issues and their interrelationships which may be impacted by or have an impact on organisational activities.
– communicate key issues and arguments in written and oral format to a professional standard.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this course have gone onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
– business manager
– internet marketing consultant
– direct marketing executive
– media assistant
– marketing and business development coordinator