Our MSc Marketing degree is aimed at students from all academic backgrounds and will help you to become a market-ready professional with a global outlook, equipped for a successful international career in marketing. Created in close consultation with the marketing industry and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), it develops the strengths, abilities and understanding today’s marketing employers are looking for.
During the degree you’ll look at the role of marketing to develop an understanding of customers which is shared across the organisation so as to develop customer driven competitive strategies. Successful implementation of these strategies requires a marketing philosophy and marketing processes which are supported across the organisation.
You’ll explore the fundamental issues and concepts of marketing practice, before learning about consumer buying behaviour and the factors that influence it. You’ll also take a holistic view of an organisation and how it attempts to develop marketing strategy in a challenging global environment.
When you successfully complete your MSc Marketing degree, you’ll have the opportunity to gain an extra qualification, the Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing upon successful completion of an assessment. You’ll also be given the opportunity to attend the Google workshops which will be run by Google Partners to gain a professional accreditation that Google offers to individuals who demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of AdWords.
Finally, in your third semester, you’ll choose an experiential project. With the opportunity to use your skills in a real-world setting, you can choose from completing a consultancy experience project, an internship experience project, a business research project or a global experience project.
Our marketing courses at Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University are ranked 14th in the Complete University Guide 2019.
What you’ll gain from this degree?
– a Graduate Gateway accreditation from the CIM which means you will have the option to gain a second professional qualification.
– develop skills and knowledge to become a market-ready professional with a global outlook, equipped for a successful international career in marketing, business or management.
– evaluate the rigour and validity of published research and assess its relevance to the practice of conventional marketing and synthesise existing research to identify alternative approaches.
– demonstrate proficiency in the use of techniques of research and enquiry to draw conclusions from a critical evaluation of relevant conventional marketing issues.
– understand traditional and contemporary debates related to the philosophy and practice of marketing.
– during your studies you will be exposed to the latest marketing trends and thinking within the industry.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this course have gone onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
– internet marketing analyst
– digital marketing executive
– marketing manager
– marketing and communications executive
– corporate communications manager