Covering a wide range of up-to-date and industry relevant technologies, you will become familiar with the latest advances and commercial techniques in molecular cell biology.
This exciting Masters course is designed to give you the theoretical and practical skills needed for a career in molecular bioscience within companies and research organisations.
This course is ideal if you:
– are a recently qualified undergraduate and are looking for the professional skills needed to obtain a job in a bioscience company
– are working in an organisation and want a masters-level qualification to give you a competitive edge
– require the skills and experience needed to study for a research degree
– are an international student who would like to study abroad
– would like a course delivered by experienced research academics, with the possibility of completing a research project in industry
– want to use cutting-edge facilities to develop your own learning and research.
Careers and employability
This course cultivates the professional skills, experience and knowledge necessary to pursue a wide range of careers within the field of biosciences. Graduates are well versed in current relevant ethical issues, with an understanding of how these impact on business, making them a valuable addition to any company.
The Sandwich-route course offers you the opportunity to take a one-year placement or several smaller placements. If you start your course in September / October then you will complete your placement following your taught modules and research project. If you start in January you will complete one term of taught modules and your project and then go on placement before returning to NTU for your final term of modules.
Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Practice
To qualify for the additional qualification of Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Practice (PGDIPP) you must submit a work placement portfolio which includes a placement diary, reflective report and updated CV, as well as deliver an oral presentation on your placement experience.
Help and support
We will work closely with you to help you strengthen your CV and interview techniques. During the placement year, an academic member of staff will visit at least twice to check on your progress and offer any advice.