Our MSc Quantity Surveying course develops the contract and cost management skills needed to become a professional construction cost manager; a role that sits at the heart of the construction process. Quantity surveyors aim to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is aimed at professionals and graduates wishing to pursue a career in quantity surveying. It is also suitable for those wishing to ultimately pursue a career in construction project management, or construction management, through a quantity surveying route. It is suitable for prospective students who don’t necessarily have a background in construction. This course can act as a route into quantity surveying or construction management for non-cognate professionals and graduates wishing to make a career change, or with a non-construction related qualification.
Why study this course?
– Study at a top university for building and construction; NTU is ranked 2nd in the UK for Building and Town and Country Planning (Guardian University Guide 2019).
– Benefit from outstanding employability prospects; 100% of students from this course are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies (DLHE, 2016-2017).
– Benefit from our industry-standard facilities in our Maudslay building.
– Benefit from our team of expert academic staff who have established links to industry and significant experience of working in practice.
– Hear from visiting industry and academic experts, some of whom are NTU alumni, who will be teaching parts of the modules, providing a ‘real life’ perspective on the topics you will be studying.
– Study trips to live sites in the UK and abroad are included in your course fees, designed to help develop your understanding of theory in practice. Recent study trip destinations have included visits to the Netherlands and Poland to explore international construction markets.
– Our flexible study options support part-time learners, who wish to balance employment with further study.
Careers and employability
Our MSc Quantity Surveying course has an outstanding reputation for producing employable graduates: 100% of students from this course are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies (DLHE, 2016-2017).
The course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), enabling successful graduates entry to the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) of the RICS. The APC is the on-the-job training scheme that graduates need to complete to qualify as a chartered surveyor.
This course provides an opportunity for graduates and professionals from disciplines unrelated to real estate and construction, to embark on a professional career in quantity surveying.