Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This course prepares you to work in an editorial team to supply material across a multi-platform newsroom. You will seek out original stories, conduct incisive interviews and produce crisp and engaging copy. You will train to be what Nobel Prize winner Gabriel García Márquez calls the best job in the world – a journalist.
What you’ll study
You will be taught the essential skills of reporting, interviewing and researching, video filming and editing, and using social media as a journalist.
On newsdays you will work to tight deadlines not only reporting, but managing multi-platform news output for our inhouse media brands. You will be video and audio trained to help you produce engaging stories for our website. You’ll also explore the best ways to use social media to both find and promote them.
You will gain a solid grounding in media law, public administration and ethics and regulation. You will develop your shorthand skills to the NCTJ standard. By the end of the course you will be ready to work in a newsroom producing sophisticated and engaging multimedia journalism.
Careers and employability
Graduates from MA in News Journalism have gone on to work for the BBC, ITN, Sky News, and national and regional newspapers across the country. As well as working as newspaper reporters, news editors, broadcast journalists and sub-editors, many graduates have secured media related positions in PR, marketing, promotions and advertising.
Graduates of this course have progressed to roles in organisations including:
– Editor – The Shetland Times Ltd
– Senior Media Relations Officer – South Yorkshire Police
– PR Manager – Slimming World
– Content Editor – Tank PR
– Director – Fourteen Forty
– Communications Manager – Alzheimer’s Research UK
– Senior Editor – The Wall Street Journal
– PR and Marketing Manager – The Parks Trust
– Senior News Reporter – NME
– Marketing and Communications Manager – Roehampton Club
– Public Relations Officer – University of Derby
– Digital Sports Journalist – Sky Sports
– Senior Media Officer – The Terrence Higgins Trust
– Reporter/Sub Editor – Press Association
– PR Consultant – Eden Public Relations
– Senior Reporter – Johnson Press PLC
– Digital Journalist – The Sun’s dreamteamfc.com
– Sports Writer – Leicester Mercury
– Senior Staff Writer – British Medical Association
– Senior Reporter – Nottingham Post
– Content Producer – BBC
– Features Writer – Nottingham Post
– Broadcast Journalist – BBC News Online
– Communications Officer – East Midlands Ambulance Service
– Social Media Editor – Derby Telegraph
– Production Editor – Future PLC
– Freelance Digital/Video Sports Journalist – The Times, Guardian, Independent
– Freelance Contributor/Features Writer – Bristol Post, BBC Radio Five Live, TalkSport Radio