Follow your own passion in photography with this course as you develop practical and theoretical knowledge of traditional and digital photographic formats.
You will see your photographs come to life as you work alongside the fashion department on fashion shoots and animation students learning stop-motion techniques in the photographic studio or on location.
The course will encourage your entrepreneurial spirit as well as your creativity enabling you to enter the industry – local studios, advertising agencies or scientific/medical practice – with confidence, or to pursue postgraduate study in photography and related fields.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Gain sound practical and theoretical knowledge of both traditional and digital photographic formats including darkroom techniques, medium and large format photography, studio photography and event and location photography, as well as how to use social networks to promote your work.
- Explore the ways in which the professional photographer works alongside other professions in the creative industries such as fashion designers, art directors, graphic designers and animators through collaborative projects.
- Learn from leading professionals in photography and design who exhibit internationally and work with clients including Sunday Times, Mack Books and international design magazines such as Eye Magazine.
- Develop a professional standard body of work and a network of contacts through events and learn how to use and influence social networks which fuel photographic output today.
- Benefit from excellent facilities in our School of Art and Design based in a former fashion house
Employability skills are integrated into the course, and provide you with an awareness of the real-world context of the creative industries in general, and photography in particular. You will be helped to develop a strategy for obtaining appropriate employment at the end of your course.
Professional practice will be emphasised as part of all learning units, but a dedicated work-related learning unit, will specifically help you to become more focused on managing your career You will be helped with the preparation of a professional portfolio; including a portfolio of prints, website, CV (curriculum vitae) and social media skills needed to promote yourself in a social mediated art and design world.