Gain the practical skills and theoretical knowledge of both traditional and digital photographic formats on a course that includes darkroom techniques; medium- and large-format photography; studio photography; stop-motion techniques; and event and location photography.
See your images come to life collaborating on projects with students from other degrees such as fashion, animation, art and graphic design. Every day is different, whether working on location or in our airy, open-plan studios at Alexon House, formerly home to a leading UK fashion house.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Explore the ways a professional photographer works alongside other professions in the creative industries such as fashion designers, art directors, graphic designers and animators
- Learn from leading professionals in photography and design who exhibit internationally and work with clients including The Sunday Times, Mack Books and international design magazines such as Eye Magazine
- Amass a professional-standard body of work and a network of contacts through events, exhibitions and industry-based opportunities
- Learn how to use social media and other digital platforms to promote your work
- Develop your personal communication and entrepreneurial skills so you enter the world of work with confidence
- Take the course over four years and include a year’s placement in industry, building your experience and creating contacts for the future
- If you need to step up into higher education, start with a Foundation Year which guarantees entry to the undergraduate course
Employability skills are integrated into the course, and provide you with an awareness of the real-world context of the creative industries in general, and photography in particular. You will be helped to develop a strategy for obtaining appropriate employment at the end of your course.
Professional practice will be emphasised as part of all learning units, but a dedicated work-related learning unit, will specifically help you to become more focused on managing your career You will be helped with the preparation of a professional portfolio; including a portfolio of prints, website, CV (curriculum vitae) and social media skills needed to promote yourself in a social mediated art and design world.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>