Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Explore all aspects of what it means to be a professional photographer in the 21st Century on this degree course.
Learn practical skills including exposure and metering, digital workflow, colour and black and white printing, studio lighting, large and medium format, planning and installing exhibitions, professional photographic portfolio development and moving image.
You’ll work across the subject of photography choosing to focus on areas such as art, documentary, editorial, commercial, advertising and critical writing on photography, tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations.
With access to traditional and digital photographic facilities with industry-standard equipment, you’ll learn how to use and adopt skills to develop your creativity, working between analogue and digital. Explore a range of self-directed learning experiences combining practice with theory, enabling you to develop the creativity and autonomy to establish your own photographic practice.
Our graduates are leaders within the creative industries and you will be joining an extended alumni club who help us to create opportunities for you in terms of work experience and graduate career prospects.
- NTU is leading arts provider and is ranked 8th in the UK for Art and Design (The Complete University Guide 2019).
- This course produces graduates that are in high demand – 96% of our students are in employment or further study within six months of graduating (DLHE survey 2016/17).
- Work with industry-standard facilities, learning skills in traditional photographic methods, digital media and emerging technologies.
- Work broadly across the subject, including art, documentary, editorial, advertising and fashion photography, and critical writing.
- Develop your professional skills through work experience placements, industry competitions, and collaborations with organisations.
- Benefit from our guest lecturer series, with speakers from a range of photographic practices.
- Opportunity to apply for an international exchange to one of our partner institutions around the world.
- Take part in the development and organisation of a photography festival in your final year, showcasing your work at venues across Nottingham, with further opportunities to exhibit at other graduating events.
- Alumni have gone on to roles such as creative director at Jamie Oliver and companies such as Getty Sports Images.
Careers and employability
Photography at NTU has an excellent employment rate, with 96% of students in employment or further study six months after graduating (DLHE 2016/17).
The course prepares you for a career in photography or photo-related activities. Depending on your particular interest, you will identify your practice, and research picture agencies, image libraries, arts organisations, and photographers’ agents.
You’ll learn about proposals and CVs; how to cost your work; how to prepare estimates and invoices; and your rights, responsibilities and obligations as a photographer.
You’ll enhance your employability through things like live projects, guest lectures, industry visits, trade fairs, and work experience.
The following factors also continue to develop, to support the employability of our students:
- live projects
- guest speaker series
- industry visits
- trade fairs
- work experience
- increasing contacts with creative businesses
- success of our alumni
- research profile of our academic staff.