Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Our BSc (Hons) Product Design course concentrates on the underlying technology of product design, with projects that combine both form and function. The course concentrates on the design of products for manufacturing, digital, industrial, electronics and medical applications, placing technology and scientific advancement at the core of the design process.
You’ll develop your knowledge of materials, and explore new and emerging technologies, including mechanics and electronics. Through commercial projects with industry you’ll reflect, model, test, modify, develop and improve your ideas.
Why study this course?
- You’ll benefit from excellent employability prospects. 100% of our BSc (Hons) Product Design sandwich students are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies, earning an average graduate salary of £25,800 (DLHE, 2016-17).
- Learn how to use a range of design tools and techniques in our state-of-the-art laboratories and industry-standard workshop spaces, including 3D printers, design and test laboratories, electronics workshops and CAD design suites.
- 92% of our BSc (Hons) Product Design Sandwich students are satisfied with their student experience (National Student Survey, 2018).
- Our course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED), recognising the quality and relevancy of our course content and enabling you to become members of the IED throughout the duration of your studies.
- Gain vital skills and experience in the workplace by undertaking a one-year placement.
- Explore local and international design, with inspiring trips in the UK and abroad included in your course fees. Previously students have travelled to Berlin and Prague as part of their studies.
- Take part in live design projects with briefs from real clients. Previous clients have included SAPA, McGee and PepsiCo.
- Turn your ideas into a viable business with help from The Hive, NTU’s purpose-built Centre for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise, a support centre to help students create, develop and grow their own businesses.
- Add to your CV and challenge yourself by taking part in competitions such as the Engineers Without Borders Challenge, producing innovative and exciting designs to complex briefs.
How does the course differ from our BA (Hons) Product Design and BA (Hons) Furniture and Product Design courses?
- Our BA (Hons) Furniture and Product Design course specifically focuses on furniture and homeware product design.
- Our BA (Hons) Product Design course concentrates on the design of products, systems and services including consumer goods, electronic gadgets, sustainable products, sports and healthcare equipment, packaging, and transportation.
Careers and employability
Our course is designed to prepare you to succeed in the design industry, through work placements, working on real projects from industry, input from industry professionals, and regularly updated course content.
100% of our BSc (Hons) Product Design sandwich students are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies, earning an average graduate salary of £25,800 (DLHE, 2016-17).
Where do Product Design graduates from NTU work?
NTU has a strong product design alumni community with many graduates working in senior positions in leading national and international companies.
Recent graduate destinations include Dyson, Triumph, TATA, Cummins Ltd, Jaguar Land Rover, Solid Solutions, AECOM, Brett Martin, Harkess-Ord and Accuride.