Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This creative course concentrates on the design of innovative products, systems and services, including consumer goods, electronic gadgets, sustainable products, sports and healthcare equipment, packaging and transportation.
This course is a designer-centred programme, encouraging you to develop your own individual style, vision and philosophy. Through a range of diverse and stimulating projects, you will explore many aspects of product design, from the understanding of user needs to the exploration of design through commissioned work.
Why study this course?
- Benefit from excellent employability prospects. 100% of our BA (Hons) Product Design sandwich students are in work or further study within six months of finishing their studies (DLHE 2016-2017).
- Benefit from our Building Blocks financial package, supporting you throughout your time at NTU and enabling you to make the most of your studies. As well as money towards the cost of your course materials, you’ll also benefit from study trips and live projects, included in the cost of your course fees, free personal protective equipment (PPE) and a pre-paid printing allowance.
- You’ll join a course with excellent student satisfaction. 91% of our BA (Hons) Product design full-time students are satisfied with their student experience (National Student Survey, 2018).
- Our course is accredited by the Chartered Society of Designers (CSD), recognising the quality and relevance of our course content.
- Gain vital skills and experience in the workplace by undertaking a one-year placement.
- Gain design inspiration with trips in the UK and abroad included in your course fees. Previously students have travelled to Berlin as part of their studies.
- Work on project briefs from companies such as Nestlé, PepsiCo, Speedo, W’innovate, Instrmnt, Herman Miller, and Matter.
- Learn how to use a range of design tools and techniques in our industry-standard facilities, including metal, concrete and timber workshops, supported by expert technical staff.
- Turn your ideas into a viable business with help from The Hive, NTU’s purpose-built Centre for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise, a support centre to help students create, develop and grow their own businesses.
- Have the option to study abroad for a semester as part of the European Project Semester (EPS) programme.
- Exhibit your work at our Degree Shows and at national events such as New Designers in London.
- Add to your CV and challenge yourself by taking part in competitions and national events, producing innovative and exciting designs to complex briefs.
How does this course differ from our BA (Hons) Furniture and Product Design and BSc (Hons) Product Design courses?
- Our BA (Hons) Furniture and Product Design course specifically focuses on furniture and homeware product design.
- Our BSc (Hons) Product Design course is a technology-centred programme that places the requirements of manufacture, technology and scientific advancement at the core of the product development process.
Careers and employability
Our course is designed to prepare you to succeed in the design industry, through work placements, working on real projects from industry, input from industry professionals, and regularly updated course content. 100% of our BA (Hons) Product Design sandwich students are in work or further study within six months of finishing their studies (DLHE 2016-2017).
Where do Product Design graduates from NTU work?
NTU has a strong product design alumni community with many graduates working in senior positions in leading national and international companies.
Graduates from this course include design engineers, product designers, CAD designers and visualisation managers. Recent destinations include Sony, Mothercare, Games Workshop, Nestle and LEGO.