Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj
Property development and planning is fundamental to the construction industry; from site identification and analysis, to design, viability and finance. Our BSc (Hons) Property Development and Planning course has been to developed to enable you to focus on adding value to land and property, as an adviser, consultant or developer of the future.
Through our course, you’ll develop detailed specialist knowledge and skills, in areas such as spatial and urban design, site appraisal, sustainability, planning and development consultancy, and management of the development process. With an emphasis on practice-based learning through site visits, field work and work placements, you’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of property development and planning.
Why study this course?
- Our course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), recognising the quality and relevance of our course content.
- NTU is one of the leading providers of property education in the UK – we’re ranked 4th in the UK for Land and Property Management (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2019).
- Benefit from our Building Blocks financial package, supporting you throughout your time at NTU and enabling you to make the most of your studies. As well as money towards the cost of your course materials, you’ll also benefit from study trips and live projects, included in the cost of your course fees, and a pre-paid printing allowance.
- Gain vital skills and experience in the workplace by undertaking a one-year placement.
- Experience inspiring trips in the UK and abroad, the cost of which is included in your course fees. Previous trips included visits to Berlin and Hamburg.
- Graduate with confidence by taking advantage of our mentoring programme, working alongside an NTU alumnus working in industry.
- Apply your learning to the real world, with opportunities to take part in site visits and live projects as part of the course. Your assessments will be based on real projects, supported by companies such as JLL, Rolls-Royce and Igloo.
- Learn from academic experts who have both industry experience and academic research knowledge, and who are representatives of professional bodies. You’ll also benefit from guest lecturers from industry, supporting your taught sessions each year.
Careers and employability
Our course is designed to prepare you to succeed in the property industry, through work placements, working on real projects from industry, input from industry professionals, and regularly updated course content.
Where do Property Development and Planning graduates from NTU work?
NTU has a strong property alumni community, with many graduates working in senior positions in leading national and international companies.
Recent BSc (Hons) Property Development and Planning graduate destinations have included:
- Barratt Homes
- Berkeley Group
- Croudace Homes
- Innes England
- Persimmon Homes
Graduate roles include land acquisition surveyor, graduate surveyor, and trainee manager.
Getting your full RICS membership
If you aspire to become a RICS Chartered Surveyor, you will need to complete at least two years of relevant professional work experience – the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC). If you undertake a sandwich placement, this will normally count as the first year of your professional work experience (only for RICS), however at least 12 months of study must take place on a graduate training scheme.
This course is designed to prepare you for future employment in a number of the RICS APC pathways, which could include:
- Planning and Development
- Commercial Property Practice
- Residential Property Practice