Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
There is an ever-increasing relationship between property, investment and financial markets, making surveyors within this field of property some of the highest paid. Our BSc (Hons) Property Finance and Investment course has been developed to cater for the property industry’s growing need for graduates with specialist investment and finance knowledge.
Our course will provide you with detailed knowledge and skills, including site appraisal and design, valuation, portfolio management, investment appraisal, finance, and sustainability. You will develop core surveying competencies in areas such as business planning, client care, negotiation, and project management.
Why study this course?
- NTU is one of the leading providers of property education in the UK. We’re ranked 4th in the UK for Land and Property Management courses (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2019).
- Our course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), recognising the quality and relevance of our course content.
- Gain vital skills and experience in the workplace by undertaking a one-year placement.
- Experience inspiring trips in the UK and abroad, the cost of which is included in your course fees. Previous trips included visits to Rome and Berlin.
- Successful completion of our course is the professional route to becoming a chartered surveyor.
- Benefit from our Building Blocks financial package, supporting you throughout your time at NTU and enabling you to make the most of your studies. As well as money towards the cost of your course materials, you’ll also benefit from study trips and live projects, included in the cost of your course fees, and a pre-paid printing allowance.
- Graduate with confidence by taking advantage of our mentoring programme, working alongside an NTU alumnus working in industry.
- Apply your learning to the real world, with opportunities to take part in site visits and live projects as part of the course, briefed by companies such as JLL, Rolls-Royce and Savills.
- Learn from academic experts who have both industry experience and academic research knowledge, and who are representatives of professional bodies. You’ll also benefit from guest lecturers from industry, supporting your taught sessions each year.
Careers and employability
Our course is designed to prepare you to succeed in the property industry, through work placements, working on real projects from industry, input from industry professionals, and regularly updated course content.
Where do Property Finance and Investment graduates from NTU work?
NTU has a strong property alumni community, with many graduates working in senior positions in leading national and international companies.
Recent BSc (Hons) Property Finance and Investment graduate destinations have included:
- Montagu Evans
- NG Chartered Surveyors
- SGP Property
- AXA Investment Managers
- Transport for London (TfL)
Graduate roles include rent renewer, chartered surveyor, and commercial property surveyor.
Getting your full RICS membership
If you aspire to become a RICS Chartered Surveyor, you will need to complete at least two years of relevant professional work experience – the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC). If you undertake a sandwich placement, this will normally count as the first year of your professional work experience (only for RICS), however at least 12 months of study must take place on a graduate training scheme.
This course is designed to prepare you for future employment in a number of the RICS APC pathways, which could include:
- Planning and Development
- Commercial Property Practice
- Residential Property Practice