Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Quantity surveyors manage all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. They are specialised accountants for the construction industry, aiming to minimise costs and enhance value for money, delivering projects to the required quality and on time. You will need strong financial skills, and the ability to negotiate and develop relationships with suppliers.
Our accredited course is designed for those who want to be the centre of the management of construction procurement process. If you think logically, enjoy using your own initiative, are interested in financial matters, like dealing with people and want to work in and out of the office, then this is the course for you.
Why study this course?
- Benefit from excellent employability prospects: 100% of our part-time BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management students are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies (DLHE survey 2016/17).
- NTU is one of the leading providers of property education in the UK. We’re ranked 2nd in the UK for Building and Town and Country Planning (Guardian University Guide 2019) and we have over 30 years’ experience in developing successful construction graduates.
- Our course is accredited by two professional bodies, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), recognising the quality and relevance of our course content.
- Apply your learning to the real world, with opportunities to take part in site visits and live projects as part of the course.
- Learn from our experienced academic team, staff who have recently joined from industry, and visiting experts. Benefit from our established partnerships with employing organisations.
- Benefit from our Building Blocks financial package, supporting you throughout your time at NTU and enabling you to make the most of your studies. As well as money towards the cost of your course materials, you’ll also benefit from free personal protective equipment (PPE) and a pre-paid printing allowance.
- Tailor your studies to your circumstances, with the flexibility to switch between full-time, part-time and sandwich options, to suit your own requirements.
Taught for one day a week, our part-time BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management study route enables those already working in the industry, or with work experience, to acquire further professional qualifications and apply their learning.
Careers and employability
100% of our part-time BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management students are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies (DLHE survey 2016/17).
Completing this degree will start you on the path to a professional career as a Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager in the dynamic and varied construction industry.
Where do Quantity Surveying graduates from NTU work?
NTU has a strong construction and quantity surveying alumni community, with many graduates working in senior positions in leading national and international companies. Recent graduate destinations have included:
- Balfour Beatty
- Davis Langdon
- Faithful & Gould
- John Fisk
- Morgan Sindall
- Paul John Construction
- Transport For London (TfL)
- Wates Construction.
Graduate roles have included: quantity surveyor, assistant quantity surveyor, assistant contract manager, graduate quantity surveyor, and commercial management trainee.
Getting your full RICS membership
If you aspire to become a RICS Chartered Surveyor, you will need to complete two years of relevant professional work experience – the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC).
This course is designed to prepare you for future employment in a number of the RICS APC pathways.