Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Quantity surveyors manage the commercial aspects of building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Their aim is to minimise costs and enhance value for money, delivering projects to the required quality and on time. You’ll need strong financial skills, and the ability to negotiate and develop relationships with suppliers.
Our accredited course is designed for those who want to be the centre of the management of construction procurement process. If you think logically, enjoy using your own initiative, are interested in financial matters, enjoy dealing with people and want to work in and out of the office, then this is the course for you.
Why study this course?
- NTU is one of the leading providers of property education in the UK. We’re ranked 2nd in the UK for Building and Town and Country Planning (Guardian University Guide 2019) and we have over 30 years’ experience in developing successful construction graduates.
- Benefit from excellent employability prospects: 95% of our BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management sandwich students are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies, earning an average salary of £28,200 (DLHE survey 2016/17).
- Benefit from our Building Blocks financial package, supporting you throughout your time at NTU and enabling you to make the most of your studies. As well as money towards the cost of your course materials, you’ll also benefit from study trips and live projects, included in the cost of your course fees, free personal protective equipment (PPE) and a pre-paid printing allowance.
- Our course is accredited by two professional bodies, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), recognising the quality and relevance of our course content.
- Gain vital skills and experience in the workplace by undertaking a one-year placement.
- Apply your learning to the real world, with opportunities to take part in site visits and live projects as part of the course.
- Learn from our experienced academic team, staff who have recently joined from industry, and visiting experts. Benefit from our established partnerships with employing organisations.
- Tailor your studies to your circumstances, with the flexibility to switch between full-time, part-time and sandwich options, to suit your own requirements.
Careers and employability
Our course is designed to prepare you to succeed in the construction industry. 95% of our BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management sandwich students are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies, earning an average salary of £28,200 (DLHE survey 2016/17).
Where do Quantity Surveying graduates from NTU work?
NTU has a strong construction and quantity surveying alumni community, with many graduates working in senior positions in leading national and international companies. Recent graduate destinations have included:
- Balfour Beatty
- Davis Langdon
- John Fisk
- Morgan Sindall
- Paul John Construction
- Transport For London (TfL)
- Wates Construction.
Graduate roles have included: quantity surveyor, assistant quantity surveyor, assistant contract manager, graduate quantity surveyor, and commercial management trainee.
Getting your full RICS membership
If you aspire to become a RICS Chartered Surveyor, you will need to complete at least two years of relevant professional work experience – the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC). If you undertake a sandwich placement, this will normally count as the first year of your professional work experience (only for RICS), however at least 12 months of study must take place on a graduate training scheme.
This course is designed to prepare you for future employment in a number of the RICS APC pathways.