Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
The BSc Social Sciences is a flexible, interdisciplinary degree that will give you the theoretical tools and knowledge to better understand the social-political world, why social inequality persists and how your own life experiences intersect with wider social structures, such as ‚race’, class and gender. The knowledge and skills that you will build on this programme are highly valued in today’s world of work and will build your capacity as a thinker, communicator and analyst.
The course is structured around four themes that cover the fundamentals of social theory, social and public policy, and research methods. You can choose from over 30 option modules each year, including modules in geography, history, politics, philosophy, international development, psychosocial studies, anthropology, social policy and sociology, so you can make the degree your own, focusing on your own interests, strengths and experiences.
BSc Social Sciences students come from a range of backgrounds and pursue a wide spectrum of careers, including in central or local government, public policy, cultural industries, enterprise, social research and journalism. You will study in the evening alongside London’s working professionals and be taught by academics who are world-leading researchers and experts in their field, committed to engaging and participatory teaching.
This course is also available for full-time evening study in central London and full-time and part-time evening study in Stratford.
- Birkbeck’s innovative, creative and interdisciplinary courses will help you become a competent, critical and responsible student of the social world and the psychological and social forces that shape individuals.
- Follow your interests and choose to specialise in communication, geography, history, politics, psychosocial studies, social anthropology or social policy.
- You will join a flourishing and diverse undergraduate student community.
- Ours is a vibrant research culture, powered by a shared passion for learning and intellectual engagement among our academics and students.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), Sociology at Birkbeck was ranked 13th in the UK.
- You will have access to the Birkbeck Library, as well as other university libraries in Bloomsbury and Stratford.