Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Our students would recommend us! 97% of our recent BA (Hons) Sociology students would recommend studying at NTU (National Student Survey 2018)
This exciting Sociology degree examines specialist areas of contemporary sociology and allows you to explore society, culture and everyday lived experiences. Throughout the course you’ll hear from external speakers, and may have the opportunity to study abroad and undertake a self-directed work placement.
If you have a keen interest in society, culture and making sense of the social world in which we live, then our Sociology course is ideal for you.
Why choose this course?
- From your first year this course will help you to develop skills for employability. You’ll get the chance to complete project work for a local, national or international organisation and gain valuable experience by undertaking a work placement.
- You’ll benefit from the skills and expertise of our academic staff who use their leading research on identities, social inclusion, and cultural diversity to inform their teaching.
- Our Sociology graduates get jobs – 100% of our BA (Hons) Sociology students are in employment or further study within six months of finishing their degree (DLHE 2016/17).
Careers and employability
100% of our BA (Hons) Sociology students are in employment or further study within six months of finishing their degree (DLHE 2016/17)
The job titles below give an indication of the careers our recent Sociology graduates are following:*
- Youth and Community Support Worker
- English Teacher
- Refuge Worker
- Peer Mentor
- Project Worker
- Events and Resources Officer
- PR Coordinator
- Sales Executive
*Latest DLHE survey undergraduate results, 2015-16 and 2016-17.
Excellent work experience opportunities
Employability is integral to this course and the modules it offers, helping you to develop a range of vital transferable skills that employers demand.
From your first year this course will help you to develop skills for career development. You will gain opportunities to complete project work for a local, national or international organisation and acquire valuable experience by working in collaboration with one of our community partners on a social justice project. Such experiences will provide opportunity to apply sociological knowledge gained from the degree as a well as gaining important transferable skills that will be desired by future work, voluntary and educational organisations.
Your career development
This is a major part of this course. You’ll develop key transferable skills, including:
- time management
- the ability to retrieve, manipulate and present information.
You’ll also have the opportunity to develop links with relevant organisations and potential employers.
This course opens up careers in a wide range of fields in the public and private sectors. You may be keen to pursue a career in:
- social policy
- community development
You may need to complete further training for some of these roles.
You may also consider studying a postgraduate sociology course to continue the intellectual curiosity and imagination the BA (Hons) Sociology will have fostered.