Coaching is a great way to express your passion for sport. Great Britain is now seen as a leading competitor in world sport and there are increasing opportunities to make a career out of coaching. There has never been a better time to become a coach.
This course offers you the opportunity to specialise in the academic study of sports coaching, gaining the qualifications and practical skills to be a successful coach.
It combines a thorough understanding of sport and exercise science with knowledge of the range of roles and contexts within which a coach works. Theoretical, vocational and practical elements are included to help you gain a comprehensive understanding of sport science, which underpins coaching practice.
- Learn from internationally-recognised staff in the fields of science, exercise and sport
- Study a challenging and enjoyable course which prepares you for employment – 90% of students in work/study 6 months after finishing
- Gain from the opportunity to work with staff who were closely involved with the London 2012 Olympic Games and interact with support services for elite and top-class athletes
- Develop your skills through coaching in partnership with local clubs and teams
- Explore the development of sporting participation or ‘sport for sports sake’ (at all levels) and the role and delivery of sport as a social instrument for change
- Benefit from using state-of-the-art facilities including muscle cell and molecular biology labs for a range of sports science experiments and studies