Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Elite athletes around the world increasingly rely on sophisticated mathematical data to assess, enhance and improve personal performance and the performance of essential sporting equipment. From the analysis of human movement to the ways in which the body responds to exercise, a thorough understanding of applied mathematical techniques is essential. If you have an interest in mathematics and its application in sport science, then you ‘ll really enjoy exploring this specialist area.
Throughout your course you’ll study in an informal, supportive environment which we believe is one of the reasons that pass rates on this course are so high. A large proportion of mathematics students graduate with at least an upper-second-class degree. Our courses have consistently scored highly in the National Student Survey.
Our Sport Science and Mathematics degree is current and relevant to the needs of business. Our close links with industry mean that, if you wish, you’ll have the opportunity to take up job placements with some of the world’s leading companies.
NTU is in the Top ten in the UK for student satisfaction in Sport Science (NSS 2019).
What you’ll study
In Years One and Two you’ll study both Sport Science and Mathematics modules. In Year Three, you’ll select either a Mathematics pathway or a Sport Science pathway depending upon your own interests and preferences.
Your career development
This course will enable you to develop and apply a range of essential, transferable management skills that are greatly respected by employers. Recent graduates have achieved the following company roles:
- NHS – respiratory physiologist
- Northampton Saints Rugby Club – assistant performance analyst
- Derby College – lecturer in biology and health nutrition
- Manchester City Football Club – academy performance analyst
- Excel Sport Coaching – head coach
- Sports Xtra – regional manager
- International Football Association – football coach
- West Bromwich Albion – academy match analyst
- David Lloyd – sales and marketing consultant
- Derby County Football Club – performance analyst
- Stoke City Football Club – Stoke City football community programme worker
- Tottenham Hotspur Football Club – junior sport science intern.