Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Current practical, technical and research skills are embedded in the course to reflect the needs of sport-related careers – you’ll be able to enter industry or use this degree as a stepping stone to a PhD. You can choose to do a research project in any sport-related sub-discipline. Examples include but are not limited to: sports performance, performance analysis, sports nutrition, exercise physiology, including environmental physiology, biomechanics, kinesiology and sports injuries, sport psychology.
We give you the flexibility to develop your knowledge in a specific area of expertise within this distinctive research-based Sport Science Masters.
You can work with the University’s strong ties to national and international sporting bodies and institutions throughout the sporting community. These include:
– Professional Football Clubs
– England Hockey
– Holme Pierrepont National Watersports Centre
– the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences
– the British Olympic Association.
Know that you will be in great hands studying under our knowledgeable team, whose internationally leading research includes areas such as sports performance, extreme environments, nutritional supplementation, physical activity and health.
Careers and employability
Graduates of this Sport Science Masters course have pursued careers in sports marketing and management, sports injury and rehabilitation and sport psychology research.
Employers have included:
– Manchester United FC
– Northumbria University
– Institute of Youth Sport
– Kings College
– English Institute of Sport.
This degree can provide a platform for students who are considering a PhD, and want to gain further experience and relevant qualifications before committing to a research degree.
Placements and work experience opportunities are available throughout your period of study. The University’s Employability team has an enviable reputation for helping our graduates find employment and offers individual consultations. Sessions are available to all students at NTU on CV writing and interview technique. Examples of opportunities include, but are not limited to:
– performance analysts at professional football clubs
– sports science support with elite athletes
– strength and conditioning work with elite athletes
– physiological monitoring of elite athletes
– research experience by assisting staff and PhD students
– creativity and innovation management placements at Alton Towers resort.