Marketing managers lead a business in its efforts to understand, create, and keep customers. Marketing management is a mix of art and science that needs creativity, data, and innovation to succeed. You’ll learn these skills both in the classroom and in your interactions with real businesses throughout your study.
Studying this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to perform efficient, effective, and engaging marketing. You’ll be immersed in key areas of marketing such as consumer behaviour, marketing communications, and market research. Through flexible and creative assessment, you’ll build a portfolio of work that demonstrates a range of desirable marketing management skills and behaviours.
Students also get a minimum of 10 weeks of work experience in the industry during their second year of study, with a range of fantastic employers in the region – maximising your employability.
You’ll have the opportunity to gain the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing, alongside other practitioner qualifications of your choosing, all as a part of your program of study. The BSc (Hons) Marketing Management is the only marketing degree in the UK to be recognised by three different professional bodies. By studying at USW, you’re able to join the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s CIM Accredited Degree. The course is also recognised by the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA), and the Institute of Data and Marketing.
What you will study
Year 1 Marketing Management – Contemporary Management Challenges:
This year focuses on developing your fundamental knowledge and skills in marketing management, and business management more widely. Developing a holistic understanding of business functions and processes enables you to establish transferable skills and integrate a marketing orientation more deeply into your future organisation. You’ll study the following modules:
- Marketing and Consumer Behaviour – Welsh provision available: Marchnata ac Ymddygiad Defnyddwyr
- People, Work and Society
- Principles of Supply Chain Management
- Economics, Law, and the Business Environment
- Becoming a Professional: Critical Enquiry – Welsh provision available: Datblygiad Proffesiynol: Ymholi Beirniadol
- Becoming a Professional: Enterprise Project
Year 2 Marketing Management – Marketing Management in Practice:
This year aims to make clear links between the theory and practice of marketing management. You’ll be introduced to a range of new marketing theories and concepts to build your understanding of the discipline. You’ll further your understanding through working with real businesses in an internship or business consultancy position this year. You’ll study the following modules:
- Creative Marketing Communications
- Digital Marketing: Tools and Techniques
- Project Management
- Skills for Market Research
- Marketing Employment Experience 1: Reflection – Welsh provision available: Profiad Gweithle 1: Myfyrio
- Marketing Employment Experience 2: Portfolio – Welsh provision available: Profiad Gweithle 2: Prosiect
Year 3 Marketing Management – Critical Perspectives of Marketing Management:
The focus this year is on developing you into a marketing manager who is well-rounded, critical, strategic, and confident. You’ll work on further growing your marketing management knowledge with a range of new modules which explore the current boundaries of the discipline. You’ll also conduct your own investigation into a topic of interest to give an added boost to your CV. You’ll study the following modules:
- Omni-Channel Marketing Strategy
- Public Relations and Reputation Management
- Professional Selling and Business Development
- Strategic Management
- Critical Enquiry Project (optional) – Welsh provision available: Prosiect Ymgynghori
- Consultancy Project (optional) – Welsh provision available: Prosiect Ymholi Beirniadol
Your studies will be underpinned by the latest research undertaken by the South Wales Business School Research Group. This means you will be taught by academics who are at the forefront of their specialist field.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>