More than ever the world needs flexible and prepared thinkers, ready to build financially robust businesses that are able to deal with the unexpected and cope in a crisis. This joint honours degree will build on strong analytical skills, exploring the economics of markets such as money, capital, derivatives and foreign exchange, and the theory of modern finance in business.
Choose from a range of modules throughout your course, such as Crisis and Business Continuity Management, where you will learn to analyse vulnerabilities and deal with simulated business interruptions. Explore the top-level decision making in managing the direction and impact of organisations with modules on Management and Strategy.
The opportunity to grow a deep understanding of accounting through the join honours degree will enable you to appraise the role of accounting in society. Appreciate and critically analyse financial decisions taken by organisations, and the standards, laws, rules and regulations that qualified accountants must abide by.
Throughout the course we will expand your understanding of business concepts, ideas, models and methods, with strong focus on strategic management. This valuable expertise will help you to stand out in roles in corporations, finance, and the civil service, in the competitive business world.
- You will have the opportunity to gain exemptions from some professional accountancy exams with the ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW and CIPFA, subject to optional module choices and any module specific criteria, which gives you a great start towards gaining your professional qualification.
- Gain a practical insight into markets and trading with our Trading Room, which gives you access to industry standard software to analyse share prices and company performance.
- Our exciting careers programme DMU Works will help you to gain placement opportunities with local, national and global companies, previous students have secured placements at VW, Microsoft, Bosch, IBM, Pfizer, HSBC and Siemens.
- Our graduates have gone on to careers in globally renowned organisations. Recent successes include PwC, Vauxhall, Marks and Spencer, News UK, PepsiCo and BP and many more.
- Expand your horizons with international experiences linked to your studies through our DMU Global programme. Students have visited Copenhagen, Berlin, San Diego and Toronto. Recent visits to Bloomberg in New York gave students a valuable insight into the development of the Bloomberg trading system.
- A typical offer is 104 UCAS points. You need to study at least two subjects at A Level or equivalent (eg BTEC)
- Five GCSEs at grades A–C including English Language and Maths
Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent)
English (Language or Literature) and Maths GCSE required as separate qualifications at grade C
We will normally require students to have had a break from full time education before undertaking the Access course
- International Baccalaureate: 24+ Points
Facilities and features
Hugh Aston Building
You will mainly be taught in the Hugh Aston Building, which was purpose-built at a cost of £35 million.
Students benefit from The Bloomberg Trading Room Comprising of 21 Bloomberg terminals, the Trading Room will provide simulation of what it is like to work in the financial industry and provide experience of a real life trading floor environment.
Facilities also include lecture theatres and classrooms with capacities ranging from 50 to 250 people, break-out spaces for group work, quiet study zones for individual work and a large number of high-spec IT labs, some of which are installed with professional software.
The Newarke café in Hugh Aston provides Costa Coffee as well a range of snacks and refreshments.
The main Kimberlin Library is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (other than in exceptional circumstances) and offers a huge range of online resources, all of which can be remotely accessed from anywhere you choose.
The library is run by dedicated staff who offer additional support to students, including help with academic writing, research strategies, literature searching and reference management and assistive technology, and mathematical skills for non-maths students. There is also a Just Ask service for help and advice, available via email or telephone.
The current home of De Montfort Students’ Union (DSU), Campus Centre, has been completely refurbished to create a state-of-the-art environment for DSU improving the student experience.
The new-look Campus Centre is the hub for student life, on the ground floor is a convenience store, a Subway and a Starbucks. There is also the DSU-owned charitable accommodation service Sulets and SUpplies, DSU’s shop, selling art supplies stationary and clothing, and offering printing and binding services.
Opportunities and careers
This is our innovative international experience programme which aims to enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons – helping you to become a global graduate, equipped to meet the needs of employers across the world.
Through #DMUglobal, we offer a wide range of opportunities including on-campus and UK activities, overseas study, internships, faculty-led field trips and volunteering, as well as Erasmus+ and international exchanges.
Our #DMUglobal High Flyers Award offers students a discount of up to £1,000 towards a #DMUglobal opportunity (terms and conditions apply).
Our optional paid placement year offers invaluable professional experience.
We can help you secure a placement through activities such as mock interviews and practice aptitude tests, and you will be assigned a personal tutor to support you throughout your placement.
We advertise posts in all locations in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, including some international posts.
Our students have taken placements with companies such as Deloitte, Xerox, TNT, the NHS and Walt Disney.
Accounting combined with Business Management develops skills that are in high demand in areas such as business, finance and the civil service.
Recent graduates have progressed to careers in positions such as Commercial Finance Analyst at Red Bull, Auditor at KPMG, Cost Technician at PepsiCo, Tax Processor at Grant Thornton and Financial Criminal Analyst at Barclays.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>