Get your accounting and finance career off to a great start with this practical course.
Study in a simulated business environment, acquiring professional skills in communication, problem-solving, teamwork and leadership before going on to financial and management accounting and the role accountancy plays in corporate behaviour.
Finally, cover regulatory and risk management issues in accounting, how financial markets operate, and what makes them crash. Undertake a supervised research dissertation on an accounting or finance issue of your choice.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn the professional skills and attributes needed to enter a career in accounting and finance or general business management
- Study this hybrid course and undertake tasks simulating real business challenges, as you acquire communication, problem-solving, teamwork and leadership skills
- Develop your interest in specialist areas, with the opportunity to progress to further study at Masters level
- Gain skills and knowledge to enter careers in financial accounting operations, management accounting, taxation or financial management or general business management
- Explore contemporary issues in accounting or finance through your supervised research dissertation – ensuring your knowledge is up to date
- Benefit from a course that offers potential for ACCA and AIA exemptions, or the flexibility to transfer to other areas of the Business Core Integrated Programme, should you wish
Accounting and finance play a crucial role in the management and survival of businesses and contribute to the economic growth of a country. The world needs accountants and finance professionals who can record, classify, summarise, interpret and communicate financial information necessary for making informed strategic choices for businesses to grow. These professionals will also help businesses follow correct accounting standards and comply with the law.
The BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance at the University of Bedfordshire will help you develop a better understanding of accounting standards and financial regulations and provide the skills and techniques needed for making informed investment decisions in dynamic business environments. This course will also help you understand the power and limitations of accountancy and financial techniques and how they complement other subject areas, particularly those which fall under the wider umbrella of business.
This course integrates a practical and applied approach to your study, enabling you to apply your theoretical knowledge to real-world business cases.
You will be well-placed to enter a wide range of interesting and rewarding careers within either accountancy or finance. With exemptions from the professional examinations of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Association of International Accountants (AIA), this course will give you the edge in the job market.
Studying accountancy and finance provides excellent skills and knowledge necessary to work in different industries within the private and public sector.
Our graduates often join an accounting firm or larger multinational companies to complete their professional qualifications (such as ACCA, AIA and CIMA), while others use their expertise within financial services sector.
You can widen your focus to include industries such as banking, insurance, investment and consultancy. Therefore, this is a highly numerate and practical degree that will put you ahead of the game.
To help you take the right steps on your career path, you can contact the University of Bedfordshire’s Career and Employability Service for help, support and advice in your career planning before, during and after university.