This degree gives you the understanding and skills to record, classify, summarise, interpret and communicate financial information while you help a business to follow correct accounting standards and comply with the law.
Studying in a simulated business environment, you explore business practice from regulatory and risk management issues to how financial markets operate and what makes them crash. Units include corporate governance; data analysis; auditing; and taxation.
The course is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and the Association of International Accountants.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn about both the power and limitations of accountancy and its financial techniques, and how these impact on areas under the wider business umbrella
- Explore contemporary issues in accounting or finance through your supervised research dissertation
- ACCA awards exemptions from its F1 to F9 papers if you successfully complete relevant course units – the maximum ACCA exemptions available at undergraduate level
- Successfully completing relevant course units also makes you eligible for exemptions from the AIA’s Foundation level and Professional level 1 papers
- Acquire transferable, professional skills in communication, problem-solving, teamwork and leadership
- Develop your interest in specialist areas, with the opportunity to progress to Masters’ level
- If you need to step up into higher education, start with a Foundation Year (see below) which guarantees entry to the degree course
Studying accountancy and finance provides excellent skills and knowledge necessary to work in different industries within the private and public sector.
Our graduates often join an accounting firm or larger multinational companies to complete their professional qualifications (such as ACCA, AIA and CIMA), while others use their expertise within financial services sector.
You can widen your focus to include industries such as banking, insurance, investment and consultancy. Therefore, this is a highly numerate and practical degree that will put you ahead of the game.
To help you take the right steps on your career path, you can contact the University of Bedfordshire’s Career and Employability Service for help, support and advice in your career planning before, during and after university.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>