Agricultural technology has been identified as one of the eight key technologies in the UK Government’s industrial strategy, and this course is a key element in the step-change required to develop a forward thinking, professionalised industry.
You will benefit from our extensive links with the East of England Agricultural Society, the NFU and the local farming community as you develop your knowledge and skills in crop and livestock management.
Conservation techniques, scientific research and business enterprise are key components of the course, combined with an extended period of business-related industry experience.
This foundation degree has been designed to help meet the need for skilled and motivated people to enter this dynamic industry. It is delivered in partnership with Shuttleworth College near Bedford.
Why choose this course?
- Learn the technical skills you will need for successful crop production and livestock management
- Study conservation techniques, scientific research and enterprise, and enjoy an extended period of business-related industry experience
- Develop your understanding of health and welfare, land management, agricultural science and biotechnology
- Gain knowledge through our extensive links with the East of England Agricultural Society, Farm Africa, the Soil Association, the NFU, the local farming community and a number of other organisations
- Explore your subject with highly skilled and experienced staff who have a wealth of industry knowledge and connections
- Challenge yourself with superb progression opportunities to develop your specialist knowledge and technical skills
- Benefit from working on the Shuttleworth College estate, which contains a conservation area of 135 hectares of arable land, as well as heathland, woodland and wetland areas.
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the Foundation Degree in Agriculture, assessment is used to: – Diagnose your potential – Identify and evaluate your progress – Provide a means of feedback to you – Enable you to demonstrate achievement – Enable measurement of your achievement – Enable staff to identify excellence in teaching Contribute to quality assurance procedures across the college / university. Your skills, knowledge acquisition and understanding will be demonstrated by the successful completion of the range of assessments embedded in the programme. All assessments will be undertaken as described in each units learning outcomes and will be both formative (computer based exercises, non-assessed practicals, presentations and class exercises) and summative (unseen and seen examinations, computer-based assessments, essays, practical reports, practical skills assessments, seminar presentations, laboratory skills and written reports). Staff will provide you with full and constructive feedback on the work you do, as it is a central part of the teaching and learning process on this programme. There is also a commitment to obtain feedback on your time spent with any host organisation providing work-based learning and we will share this with you too.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>