This course helps you add an understanding of academic theory to your experience of working in an educational setting. Successful completion qualifies you to apply for Qualifying to Teach courses at Primary and Early Years levels.
It is designed so you can work while studying, offering evening part-time study at Luton, Bedford and Peterborough, and a part-time day option at Luton. All courses are mainly delivered during the school year and there is also an opportunity for it to be completed in a work-based setting. It is the only course locally offering this flexibility of degree study for working students.
You can gain your Honours degree in four years although your study can be spread over a longer period.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Develop a strong foundation and in-depth understanding of educational provision for children aged between 3 and 11 years, and children in special education working at levels commensurate with this age band
- Learn the skills you need to apply for Qualifying to Teach courses
- Study part-time while working in an educational setting and use your work experience towards your course
- Benefit from our experienced support in helping you balance work, study and family commitments
- Gain from a course that provides a clear route into a professional graduate role, through Early Years teacher status, Primary initial teacher training or leadership and management
This course provides the opportunity to gain an appropriate qualification to apply for Initial Teacher Training and many students completing this course go on to train as teachers. Students who do not plan to train as teachers, but want to develop their career within education often go on to take on other roles within educational services, including outreach work, education welfare and social services.
The course is designed to develop understanding of a wide range of educational theories and how these apply in practice, allowing students to develop understanding of how the theories explored apply within their own context.
Guidance will be given on the application process for routes into teaching and in addition the Careers and Employability Service will provide support in helping students to explore a range of careers within the field of education.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>