You will gain deeper understanding of sport science and personal training as well as relevant experience through work placements/internships at sports organisations, schools and within a personal training environment, preparing you for a successful career.
By linking closely to your previous studies and work experience it provides seamless progression to university-level study with the added benefit of a targeted initial induction and a week-long summer school to help support your academic development.
- Study key areas of sport science (personal training) including exercise practice, exercise psychology and physiology as well as research methods and employability units.
- Develop your personal training skills and build partnerships with local sports clubs and teams with help from our excellent links with industry including Sport England and the Football Association.
- Learn from our team of experts in fitness, personal training and strength and conditioning.
- Gain a sound training, skills and knowledge of sport science (personal training) together with the transferrable skills needed for a range of careers.
- Build your employability through relevant work placement/internships at sports organisations, schools and within a personal training environment where you can also carry out a research project.
- Benefit from specialist teaching laboratories and sports facilities at our School of Sports Science and Physical Activity as well as world-class teaching from a team with research expertise in environmental physiology, health and metabolism and movement within the sports science field.
Joining the School of Sport Science and Physical Activity will place you into our academic community. During your time with us you will have the opportunity to engage with teaching via lectures, seminars and interactive sessions and lab practical sessions. It is our aim to provide you with the skills and experience needed to succeed in your chosen career.