Offering a balance of theory and practice, our BA (Hons) Art and Design ensures you develop a range of visual and creative skills while you gain insights into critical theory, the importance of context and contemporary professional practice. If you are unsure of your specialist field, it gives you the opportunity to experience several creative pathways including Art and Design practices; community arts; curating; arts management; arts advocacy; and further study towards a career working in art and design education.
You develop essential skills and knowledge in a variety of 2D, 3D, digital and time-based practices, and engage in critical aesthetic and conceptual debates. You explore visual, social, cultural, environmental and political diversity, expressed through your developing Art and Design practice.
You will become proficient in presenting work to professional standards, including project production, and will develop the skills needed to build relationships in the creative community including networking, exhibiting, and marketing.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- All course tutors are practising, internationally exhibiting artists
- You study both traditional disciplines such as drawing, painting and printmaking along with the latest techniques in photography, video and digital media
- You learn through practical workshop sessions, sustained practice in the studio and one-to-one tutorials as well as work-related opportunities
- You work independently, developing your ideas through to outcomes, showing you can select and use materials, processes and environments; research and analyse those ideas and outcomes; and make connections to wider contexts
- Learning is linked to ‘real world’ experience to prepare you for a career across a number of fields
- You are able to consider issues arising from the creative practitioner’s relationship with audiences, clients, markets, environments, users, consumers, and/or participants
- Develop personal and practice-based skills such as management, communication and multi-agency working
- You can take the degree over four years with a placement year in industry (see below), which allows you to sample a field of practice, build your CV and make future contacts
- If you are returning to learning or need a launchpad into a degree course, you can opt for Art and Design with a Foundation Year (see below)
- You gain a qualification that will enhance your prospects of a fulfilling and exciting career in a wide range of creative industries. Our graduates have become practising artists and designers, teachers, arts administrators and art managers; they have also continued their studies, both locally and internationally
Employability skills are integrated into the course and provide you with an awareness of the real-world context of the creative industries in general and Art and Design in particular. You will be helped to develop a strategy for obtaining appropriate employment at the end of your course.
Professional practice will be emphasised as part of all learning units but a work-related learning unit especially will help you to become more focused on managing your career.
You will be helped with the preparation of a professional portfolio; including a CV and social media skills needed to promote yourself in the art and design world.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>