From traditional disciplines such as drawing, painting and printmaking, to the latest techniques in video and digital media, this course will give you the chance to develop your skills and discover the area of practice that matches your creativity.
You will learn about the relationship between contemporary design and fine art, and how this affects the world we live in. And you will also acquire the practice-based professional knowledge that will enhance your prospects as you progress in your career.
This course explores the relationship between fine art and design, and focuses on a wide range of traditional and contemporary disciplines while offering you the chance to discover the area of practice that matches your creativity.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn traditional disciplines such as drawing, painting and printmaking, and the latest techniques in photography, video and digital media
- Study personal and practice-based skills such as management, communication and multi-agency working
- Develop and use academic enquiry skills from a range of key art history ideas to support your work
- Gain a qualification that will enhance your prospects of a fulfilling and exciting career in a wide range of creative industries
- Explore a number of visual and creative skills as you discover the area of practice you wish to focus on
- Challenge the artistic, critical and cultural contexts associated with art and design
- Benefit from the opportunity to shape your studies to suit your personal preferences and future aspirations
Employability skills are integrated into the course and provide you with an awareness of the real-world context of the creative industries in general and Art and Design in particular. You will be helped to develop a strategy for obtaining appropriate employment at the end of your course.
Professional practice will be emphasised as part of all learning units but a work-related learning unit especially will help you to become more focused on managing your career.
You will be helped with the preparation of a professional portfolio; including a CV and social media skills needed to promote yourself in the art and design world.