Offering in-depth technical training, this course provides the professional accreditation you will need to begin your career as a practising automotive engineer. You will work closely with local automotive and motorsport companies, gaining experience of working on real-world solutions throughout.
You’ll begin by gaining the underpinning skills and knowledge needed to pursue specialisms later on, along with theoretical subjects like mathematics and engineering science. Your technical and practical skills will be honed through study of engineering design and application, and vehicle development history, and study of new products and technologies will give you a thorough grounding before you move on to specialise from Year 2. As you move through the course, you’ll benefit from practical sessions and have the opportunity to take part in the prestigious Formula Student Racing Car project or Shell Economic Car competition project.
WHY CHOOSW THIS COURSE?
This course combines practical and theoretical study, and uses individual and group work to provide a thorough grounding in the essentials needed to enhance your career prospects in the exciting world of Automotive Engineering.
Choose BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering and:
- Learn both technical skills and theoretical knowledge including engineering science, structural mechanics and dynamics.
- Study core disciplines and specialist advanced units including automotive systems and design as well as developing project management skills.
- Develop your skills using excellent industry-standard facilities including high-end equipment, machines and testing workspaces.
- Gain a qualification that will enhance your prospects of a fulfilling and exciting career in a wide range of engineering scenarios including car or motorbike motorsports.
- Explore career opportunities through a placement year with nearby companies like BMW Mini, Nissan and AVL Powertrain.
- Challenge yourself to participate in exciting competitions, developing your individual and team working skills.
- Benefit from the opportunity to collaborate with local companies either on campus or in nearby company workshops.
Employability is understood widely as encompassing knowledge, skills and a professional attitude which your tutors expect you to display in all your units. All University of Bedfordshire courses aim to help you to be prepared for the world of work. The Careers Service is there to support you throughout the three years of your study. Our curriculum gives you skills that are valuable for a career within automotive engineering but it is also relevant for a much wider range of applications.
The final year unit `Research Methodologies and Project Management in particular requires you to work in a team so as to apply a current project management methodology that embraces all of these knowledge areas in an integrated way while going through the stages of planning, execution and project control; you will work as part of a team, take responsibility and make autonomous decisions that impact on the project team performance.
In addition and somewhat complementary the honours project fosters independent and autonomous study: you learn to take up the responsibility of conducting your project, typically derived from your own ideas, in collaboration with a dedicated member of the teaching staff as project supervisor.
Students who register for the degree with professional practice year will additionally attend a series of workshops and activities related to securing a suitable placement and compulsory briefings at the end of year 2 to ensure that all legal requirements for health and safety, safeguarding etc. training have been met,. This will be explained more fully in your professional practice handbook once you have registered with the Careers and Employability Services Student Development and Awards Team in your first year. If you will be working with children and/or vulnerable people you will be required to have a DBS check and undertake Safeguarding and Prevent training.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>