Do you see yourself as a future business leader? Are you keen to understand how businesses solve problems, tackle risk, make effective decisions and develop strategies for corporate success? Studying Business Management can help set you up for potential future career options within management across a wide variety of sectors upon graduation.
Business Management BA may appeal to you if you:
- have a passion for business and management
- are interested in corporate engagement and responsible management
- would like to advance your knowledge in management theory, focusing on areas such as project management, applied marketing, logistics and supply chain
- would like the opportunity to undertake continuing professional development (CPD) workshops in personal understanding, business awareness and core business skills to help ensure you are workplace ready on graduation
- are interested in international business management and business management principles in a global context.
Ability to select optional modules in your second and third years, designed to help tailor the course to focus on what most interests you.
Networking opportunities and insight from regular guest lectures from professionals and industry experts (subject to availability). In the past, these have included representatives from IBM, Nissan, Mastercard and Bentley.
Why you should study this course
Our Business Management course aims to prepare you for potential future career options in international management, and, upon successful completion, you should be equipped with the expert business knowledge, professional skills and business acumen needed to succeed.
Our aim is to equip you with a business degree qualification, upon successful completion of the course, and one that is suitable in local, national or international markets. We are committed to maintaining our strong track record for employability. Throughout your studies, we support planning for your potential career options and help you with the opportunity to develop your communication, presentation, and interview skills through our internal Continuing Professional Development (CPD) modules, which include workshops on personal branding and networking skills. You may also have the opportunity to work in our Business Simulation Suite, where you have the chance to develop business skills through ‚hands-on’ learning.
How you’ll learn
This course aims to offer a variety of teaching and learning methods to keep your experience dynamic and varied. Teaching methods may include:
- Lectures with associated seminars
- Workshops, incorporating case studies, problem-centred learning, practical exercises, surgeries, the use of electronic business resources and databases and ICT packages
This course will be assessed using a variety of methods which may vary depending upon the module. Assessment methods include formal examinations, coursework, tests, essays, practical or project work, group work and presentation and posters.
The Coventry University Group assessment strategy ensures that our courses are fairly assessed and allows us to monitor student progression towards the achieving the intended learning outcomes.
Upon successful completion, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the broad range of areas of business and management, the detailed relationships between these and their application within an international and intercultural context.
- Show an independent and professional approach to your own development of transferrable, subject specific and employability skills.
- Evidence an approach to business and management that is influenced by contemporary research.
- Demonstrate creativity and an enhanced capacity to develop and apply your own perspectives to your studies, as well as your enterprise and entrepreneurial skills.
- As a global citizen, deal with uncertainty and complexity to explore alternative solutions, contribute to communities, demonstrate critical evaluation and integrate theory and practice in a wide range of international situations taking full account of social responsibility, ethical behaviour and sustainability.
- Evaluate and apply creative solutions to real world business problems in a range of areas, which could include; global business, management, leadership or supply chain management.
- Work in collaborative team environments, demonstrating effective communication and leadership skills.
International experience opportunities
Once you have completed your second year, you have the option to apply for a work placement year or to spend 12 months studying abroad to broaden your international perspective.
This course also offers a wide variety of field trip opportunities, both UK and abroad. These trips are designed to provide opportunities to understand business within different cultural environments and the chance to develop networks with a wider range of students and organisations. Past trips have been to destinations such as New York, Peru, China and Belgium.
Careers and opportunities
The structure of the course, the experiences and support made available to you are all designed with a view to developing the skills, competencies and understanding necessary to contribute in the rapidly changing work environment upon graduation.
The optional modules available give the degree flexibility to help shape it as your potential future career options become clearer. You could go on to work in a diverse range of industries and jobs, from the civil service to large multinationals, working in anything from management and HR to advertising and marketing. We also have had past students who go on work in family businesses and are able to bring new insights and experiences.
The University’s Careers and Employability team provide a wide range of support services to help you plan and prepare for your potential future career options.
Where our graduates work
Recent graduates have gone on to join graduate schemes at National Grid, Ford, Opel and Royal Mail, while others have secured graduate positions as a commercial analyst for TNT, a commercial manager at Marks & Spencer, an assistant manager at Mitchells and Butler and a programme analyst at Jaguar Land Rover.
You can choose to continue your studies at Coventry University with the Business Analytics MSc. You may be entitled to an alumni discount on your fees if you decide to extend your time with us by progressing from undergraduate to postgraduate study.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>