About the course
This course combines practical experience and research-informed theory to provide you with a thorough, current understanding of the needs of children and young people. You explore child development and child welfare as well as social policies and legislative frameworks. This includes the right to equal access to services and life opportunities regardless of social difference.
In your second and third years, you can choose from a range of optional units in areas such as mental health, disability and youth violence. In your final year, you also undertake an independent research project, supported by our Social Sciences team, all of whom are actively involved in research themselves.
Why choose this course?
- Gain the practical skills and knowledge you need for a career working with children, young people and families
- Learn from staff with professional practice experience in youth work, counselling, teaching and working with looked-after children
- Study with academics who have research expertise in areas such as child protection, alternative education and school exclusion, mentoring and coaching, safeguarding, and sexual exploitation
- Benefit from opportunities offered by the University of Bedfordshire’s new Health & Social Care Academy, run in partnership with local councils and NHS Trusts, to recruit, train and develop health and social care workers
- Be able to recognise and challenge discrimination, oppression and inequality across a range of services
- There’s the option to take the course over four years and include a year’s placement in industry (see below), allowing you to gain practical skills, build your CV and make contacts
- If you need to step up into higher education, start with a Foundation Year (see below) which guarantees entry to the undergraduate degree
- The course can lead into careers in education, social work and welfare, youth and community work or postgraduate study
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>