About the course
Our Early Childhood Education BA (Hons) equips you with all you need to know about how children develop in learning and thinking in their early years (0-8 years): early-years curricula; inclusion, special educational needs and disability; and early literacy and numeracy. It also covers leadership and management in the early years and the role of adults in a child’s education and care.
Across the three years, you explore your individual interests through guided study and independent research. You also undertake placements and voluntary positions in early childhood settings to embed your learning and increase your employability when you graduate.
Why choose this course?
- Study the latest innovative practices in early childhood education and care, supported by an experienced academic team, actively involved in research in their fields
- Gain experience through a series of placements and a strong focus on employability
- Take the course over four years and include a fee-free year’s placement in industry, gaining experience and making contacts for the future
- Learn the academic skills you need to analyse research, policy and practice in the field as well as a critical understanding of national and international perspectives
- If you need a step up into a degree, start with a Foundation Year which guarantees you entry to the Undergraduate course
Unit Information – What will I learn?
- Developing Practice In Early Childhood Settings (EDC067-1) Compulsory
- Early Child Development (EDC055-1) Compulsory
- Early Years Curriculum Studies (EDC056-1) Compulsory
- Key Concepts In Education (EDC064-1) Compulsory
- Narratives Of Childhood (EDC048-1) Compulsory
- Early Representations Of Numeracy And Literacy (EDC028-2) Compulsory
- Inclusive Education In The Early Years (EDC072-2) Compulsory
- Inclusive Practice In Early Childhood Settings (EDC084-2) Compulsory
- Investigating The Social World (EDC021-2) Compulsory
- Developing Teaching Practice (EDC063-2) Optional
- The Lifelong Curriculum (EDC067-2) Optional
- Dissertation (EDC207-3) Compulsory
- International Perspectives On Early Childhood Education (EDC216-3) Compulsory
- Professionalism, Leadership And Management In The Early Years (EDC162-3) Compulsory
- Reflecting On Quality In Early Childhood Settings (EDC241-3) Compulsory
- Children And Young PeopleS Wellbeing (EDC204-3) Optional
- Representations Of Disability (EDC209-3) Optional
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>