About the Course
This course will allow you to enhance previous study in the early education subject area and complete a full UK ratified BA degree course in Early Years Education.
It will allow international and UK based early childhood education to be compared and evaluated. The degree is delivered by a highly experienced, research active team of staff, who also have extensive experience as practitioners. We have been delivering degree courses in Early Years or Early Childhood Education for over 10 years at the University of Bedfordshire and graduated hundreds of students who have gone onto work as leaders in the early years sector in the UK.
Many alumni have gone on to qualify as teachers in the primary sector in the UK. In order to familiarise you with the UK system we also offer a unit prior to the start of the course that will familiarise you with the UK early years sector. It will allow you to compare it to your own country and assist in your transition onto the early part of the degree course. The course can be entered at Level 5, with two years subsequent full time study, or Level 6 with one year of study. The level of entry will depend on your previous qualifications.
Unit Information – What will I learn?
- Early Child Development (EDC055-1) Compulsory
- Early Years Curriculum Studies (EDC056-1) Compulsory
- Key Concepts In Education (EDC064-1) Compulsory
- Narratives Of Childhood (EDC048-1) Compulsory
- The Growing Child In Context (EDC050-1) Compulsory
- Understanding Practice In Early Childhood Settings (EDC051-1) Compulsory
- Developing Teaching Practice (EDC063-2) Compulsory
- Early Representations Of Numeracy And Literacy (EDC028-2) Compulsory
- Families And Communities (EDC066-2) Compulsory
- Inclusive Education In The Early Years (EDC072-2) Compulsory
- Investigating The Social World (EDC021-2) Compulsory
- Understanding The Inclusive Practice In The Early Years (EDC065-2) Compulsory
- Developing Children’S Thinking And Understanding (EDC202-3) Compulsory
- Dissertation (EDC207-3) Compulsory
- International Perspectives On Early Childhood Education (EDC216-3) Compulsory
- Professionalism, Leadership And Management In The Early Years (EDC162-3) Compulsory
- Quality In The Early Years (EDC208-3) Compulsory
- Children And Young PeopleS Wellbeing (EDC204-3) Optional
- Representations Of Disability (EDC209-3) Optional
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>