Developing your own entrepreneurial venture or project alongside your academic study? Enterprise and Entrepreneurship BA (Hons) offers you the opportunity to develop your personal entrepreneurial skills through dedicated modules.
- Explore potentially working on plans for, and developing, a start-up business.
- Gain the knowledge and skills needed to run a small enterprise.
- Develop your knowledge and practical skills regarding the international business environment.
Why you should study this course
The course is focused around the concept of ‘value creation’ and the activity of transforming purposeful ideas into action, thus generating value for yourself or for others. The value created can be social, cultural or economic.
- Delivered by staff from the International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship (ICTE), this course benefits from material reflecting the latest in entrepreneurial research and thinking.
- Study mandatory modules related to your own personal entrepreneurial development, alongside exploring the core skills needed to start-up a business.
- The opportunity to experience living and studying abroad or working for a global UK-based company in your third year*.
- Benefit from ICTE’s global networks, which are established in Europe, Africa and Asia, and which help inform teaching of entrepreneurship and enterprise in a global context.
- The opportunity to gain support from Coventry University Social Enterprise CIC, who can offer support to help develop and nurture your business ideas (subject to availability).
What you’ll study
The course will give you the opportunity to go through the three main stages of value and venture creation: idea generation and feasibility assessment, planning and implementation and scaling and growth.
You will have the opportunity for in-depth exploration of your particular interests through coursework and an enterprise research project in the final year.
There is also the option for a placement/study abroad year* where you can apply to study abroad at a partner university or to work in employment in the UK or overseas.
The educational aims of the Enterprise and Entrepreneurship BA (Hons) course are to:
- Stimulate interest and help to develop expertise to equip you to generate value through the potential creation of an entrepreneurial idea, with the opportunity to review the feasibility of this idea, formulate a viable business plan, and take the necessary steps to set up and run a potential business or entrepreneurial project.
- Provide you with an educational opportunity to broaden your knowledge around the specialist subject area of your entrepreneurial idea, to support your venture and designed to help develop a pool of transferable skills.
- Enable you the opportunity to experience value creation whilst in the supportive environment of the university and make an informed decision about your potential future employment options.
How you’ll learn
The course is a mixture of theory and practice, because to be an effective entrepreneur you need knowledge and application. You will complete a research project (dissertation) and in doing so have the opportunity to explore in-depth a concept, market or idea that you are particularly interested in. You will be exposed to the skills and knowledge needed for entrepreneurship with guided individual and group projects, and through the analysis of real case studies. Innovatively, you will also have the opportunity to learn through your own actions on self-directed negotiated projects such as venture creation and consultancy activities.
Your course will have a series of lectures, with associated seminars and practical classes. In addition, a progression coach will be available to review, discuss your progress and will be available for advice, support and business mentoring.
Your first and second year will have around 14 contact hours of teaching per week, which includes small/medium group teaching, lectures, workshops, topic-related tasks and activities, or facilitated discussions each week.
In your final year, if you’re undertaking a project/dissertation, there is a greater emphasis placed on independent study and therefore contact hours may be reduced. You’re expected to undertake self-directed studying and revising in your own time each week.
As an innovative and enterprising institution, the university may seek to utilise emerging technologies within the student experience. For all courses (whether on-campus, blended, or distance learning), the university may deliver certain contact hours and assessments via online technologies and methods.
This course will be assessed using a variety of methods. Assessment methods include formal examinations, essays, case study analysis, poster presentations and reflective reports.
The Coventry University Group assessment strategy ensures that courses are fairly assessed and allows us to monitor student progression towards achieving the intended learning outcomes. Assessments may include exams, individual assignments or group work elements.
The course aims to provide you with real-world experience and the necessary capabilities required in the business world. This can prepare you for potential future career options, such as for example, a graduate entrepreneur, a business owner, or a contributor to an established business through an entrepreneurial skillset.
The ability to demonstrate business-related knowledge and skills in enterprise and entrepreneurship is increasingly sort by employers in small and medium enterprises (SMEs), large private organisations, and within the public sector.
The course’s parallel emphasis on academic skills will also provide a good platform for further study.
International experience opportunities
The International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship has well established international networks in Europe and Africa. Further networks are under development in the Middle and Far East, and Australia.
You may have opportunities to apply for study trips abroad, and for long-term international and multicultural engagement, for example, a work or study abroad year*.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>