The Fashion degree at USW creates the leaders of tomorrow’s fashion industry, a group of professionals who can respond to the industry’s challenges. Fashion design at USW oﬀers experience of the fashion industry beyond the university environment and sets a culture, skillset and attributes for life after graduation. You’ll engage in design thinking and a process-driven approach to solve complex issues of design, sustainability and commercial success, and develop a strong creative vision.
Based at USW’s Cardiff campus, in the heart of the city centre, you will work in new studios that simulate an industry environment. These have a full suite of manufacturing equipment, including industrial sewing machines. You will work with partners from the industry and be supported to undertake internships, work experience and placements. We are currently partnering with local, national and international brands to connect USW with a global industry. You will compete in national and international design competitions, placing your work on a global stage.
University of South Wales Graduates work for industry leaders such as Christopher Raeburn, Harrods, Top Shop, Peacocks, Clarks, Roland Mouret, The BBC, The Royal Shakespeare Company, River Island, AllSaints, John Lewis, ASOS, Fred Perry, Victoria’s Secret, H&M NEXT and many more.
What you will study
This Fashion design course will push you and help you grow into a professional designer who is able to thrive in the global fashion industry. You will learn new ways to think, make, draw and promote yourself and respond to a demanding industry.
Starting with the core skills of sewing, drawing, pattern cutting, designing and researching, you will build a foundation of ability to underpin your practice. In the second year, you will begin to connect with the industry through partnerships and projects to build your practice.
Your final year is a creative playground for you to develop as a designer and launch into the industry. You will work with a creative team, including models, hairdressers, make-up artists, film makers, choreographers and photographers, to create a multi-sensory experience that defines you as a contemporary and innovative industry professional. You hard work will culminate in showing your launching collection at Graduate Fashion week in London.
Year One – Fashion Design degree
- Garment Engineering 1 – sewing, pattern cutting and documenting
- Fashion Design 1 – learning to design, visual language and understanding fashion
- Garment Engineering 2 – innovative pattern cutting and sustainable construction techniques
- Fashion Design 2 – sustainable approaches to design and understanding the consumer
- Fashion Cultures 1 – learning to think, write, speak and sesearch
- Fashion Visualistaion – drawing for design and fashion illustration
Year Two – Fashion Design degree
- Innovations 1 – tailoring, fit and construction
- Fashion Concept Development – developing your design process
- Fashion Cultures 2 – contextualising yourself as a designer
- Fashion Branding – building your personal brand
- Innovations 2 – digital construction technology
- Fashion Design for Industry – developing your signature as a designer
Optional Sandwich Year
- Employment experience diploma – working in the industry, gaining experience, building networks
Year Three – Fashion Design degree
- Critical Research in Fashion – developing your theoretical position
- Major Fashion Design Project – The foundational research for your launching collection
- Professional Strategies – developing your professional profile
- Fashion Futures – Industry based competitions, visual research
- Professional Portfolio and Final Collection – launching yourself into the industry, final collection an your professional portfolio
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>