The first year focuses on the fundamentals of hotel business, sustainable food and beverage management, and work and organisational behaviour.
The second year will prepare you for managing the overall operations of a hospitality business eﬀectively. As well as spending a significant amount of time working in one of our partner hotels, your studies will cover room division management, revenue management and digital marketing for hotels.
During the third year, you will learn about sustainable hotel operations, managing diversity, and global trends. In addition to further work placement opportunities, you will have the option to pursue a live, consultancy project.
Please note that work-based learning modules will include some evening and weekend shifts.
What you will study
Year One: Hotel and Hospitality Management Degree
In Year One you will study the following specified modules, alongside undertaking a work placement at the Celtic Manor.
- Learning in the workplace – Celtic Manor
- Work and organisational behaviour
- Sustainable food and beverage management
- Customer service and quality systems
Year Two: Hotel and Hospitality Management Degree
In the second year, you will continue a work placement with The Celtic Manor, as well as undertaking a 10 week block placement with Welsh Rarebits. Other modules studied will include:
- Work based learning – 10 week placement with Welsh Rarebits
- Professional Practice – work placement at The Celtic Manor
- Digital marketing for hotels
- Rooms division management
- Strategies for revenue management
- Research methods for business
Year Three: Hotel and Hospitality Management Degree
Year Three will allow you to specialise in a particular area/department as part of a 10 week placement at The Celtic Manor Resort. Other taught modules will include:
- Professional Practice with Specialisation
- Critical reflections on learning in the workplace
- International culture and communications
- International Business
- Sustainable hotel operations
- Hospitality consultancy project
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>