About the course
This degree gives you a deep understanding of individuals, communities and workplaces; the issues faced by vulnerable individuals and groups in our society; and the political, legal, cultural and organisational contexts that shape it.
Over the three-year course, you learn about the broad breadth of the social sciences, including the sociology of modern Britain; social change within communities; and globalisation. In your second and third years, you can also follow your interests, choosing specific areas such as international issues; inequality; migration; and climate change.
In addition, in your final year, you undertake an independent project, with the support of the academic team, who are involved in research into real-world problems across a number of fields.
Why choose this course?
- Become skilled in understanding the social problems, issues and processes that impact on our personal experiences of life in contemporary Britain and beyond
- Follow a course that constantly evolves to reflect changes in policy, practice and emerging areas such as technology
- Study with world-leading researchers in the areas of human rights, forced migration, asylum and trafficking of children
- Develop your research and academic skills, both of which are transferable to other fields
- Benefit from the diversity of your knowledge and skills when it comes to a career: graduates of social sciences appeal to potential employers from the private, public and voluntary sector
- Open up opportunities for postgraduate study in a number of areas
- Take the course over four years and include a Professional Practice Year (see below) to gain practical experience, build your CV and make contacts
- If you need to step up into higher education, start with a Foundation Year (see below) which guarantees entry to the undergraduate degree
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>