Interested in developing an all-round business skillset? A degree in Business Administration can help you apply theory to real-life business scenarios and allow you to explore contemporary business thought and practice.
Business Administration BBA may appeal to you if you:
- have a passion for business and management
- would like to embark on a career in a local, national or international business environment
- would like to specialise in a specific area of business, such as marketing, accounting, or international finance
- would like to study towards a Master of Business Administration qualification in the future (please note that further study/qualifications are subject to competitive application, availability, meeting any applicable visa requirements and any applicable fees).
Why you should study this course
Coventry University’s Business Administration course aims to reflect business thought and practice with an emphasis, where appropriate, on the application of theory to real business situations, challenges, and issues.
If you choose to study this course, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- study case studies designed to help develop an in-depth understanding of how the different parts of an organisation support one another. For example, past students have considered the project management issues involved with festivals such as Glastonbury, the ethical concerns in the supply chains of cut flowers and the challenges of managing mega-events, such as the Olympic Games
- learn the skills needed to venture into a potential career in local, national or international markets
- learn in a study environment that aims to encourage and provide students with the opportunity to go beyond an understanding of management theories and to be able to apply them confidently to real life situations
Past students have been attracted by the flexibility of the course, which aims to provide an excellent grounding in the key areas of business, such as finance, human resource management, strategy, project management and marketing, but allows you to specialise as you progress depending on your interests and potential future career aspirations, with final year optional modules covering topics as varied as advanced accounting, marketing psychology and globalisation.
Our strong focus is on supporting you in identifying work experience opportunities* with the Talent Team, our careers and employability team, who could help you to gain the skills, knowledge and networks that may be beneficial to you as you explore potential future career options after graduation.
Coventry Business School was rated as ‘excellent’ by Eduniversal, an annual ranking of Business Schools in over 150 countries, in 2019, and we are also currently active members of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS), as well as being signatories to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education (UN PRME) initiative (subject to change).
How you’ll learn
This course aims to offer a variety of teaching and learning methods to keep your experience dynamic and varied. Teaching methods may include****:
- Lectures with associated seminars
- Workshops, incorporating case studies, problem-centred learning, practical exercises, surgeries, the use of electronic business resources and databases and ICT packages
Some sessions may be taught by guest lecturers*** from industry or experts in the field, which in the past have included Calor Gas and Worcester Bosch talking about the particulars of their business environment and the challenges they face (subject to availability). You will have access to a wide range of field trip opportunities** (both UK and abroad). Trips are advertised regularly and provide opportunities to understand business within different cultural environments and the chance to develop networks with a wider range of students and organisations – as an Examples of past trips include New York, Peru, China and Belgium.
This course is available on a three-year full-time basis or a four-year sandwich basis where, between years two and three, there is one year of optional work experience or study abroad** at a partner institution. We offer a main September intake, and may offer additional intakes in January or May, subject to successful applicant numbers for these specific start dates.
This course will be assessed using a variety of methods which may vary depending upon the module. Assessment methods include formal examinations, coursework, tests, essays, practical or project work, group work and presentation and posters.
The Coventry University Group assessment strategy ensures that our courses are fairly assessed and allows us to monitor student progression towards the achieving the intended learning outcomes.
Upon successful completion, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the global business environment, business strategy, business ethics and the main functional areas of global business organisations.
- Apply a wide range of relevant skills and competencies to be effective in a graduate level role in an organisation.
- Analyse business problems and suggest relevant solutions using practical and theoretical knowledge and understanding of the area.
- Demonstrate the ability to act as an independent learner (in both educational and business settings) as well as the ability to play a full role when working and /or learning in teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate diverse business concepts in given situations, including in an international context.
- Analyse and assess a given specialised area of global business, both theoretically and practically.
Demonstrate an understanding of sustainability within the context of the global business environment.
International experience opportunities
Once you have completed your second year, you have the option to apply for a work placement year or to spend 12 months studying abroad** to broaden your international perspective.
This course also offers a wide variety of field trip opportunities**, both UK and abroad. These trips are designed to provide opportunities to understand business within different cultural environments and the chance to develop networks with a wider range of students and organisations. Past trips have been to destinations such as New York, Peru, China and Belgium.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>