Coventry University’s Engineering Business Management BEng (Hons) top-up course is designed to boost your existing qualifications.
- Successful completion of this course enables you to ‘top-up’ your existing qualifications – an undergraduate level diploma or equivalent in engineering or business related fields – to the internationally recognised ‘honours degree’ classification. It is designed for UK, international and European students seeking to become managers and leaders in technology-based businesses.
- Building on your existing engineering or business skills, this final year course aims to introduce you to the key aspects of managing a company in an engineering based organisation and the latest developments in business management theory, such as strategic management, supply chain and logistics, quality, project management and environmental management.
Why you should study this course
- You will have access to commercial software such as Arena.
- You will be offered free student membership of WES, the Women’s Engineering Society which is an Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity society open to all regardless of gender identity.
What you’ll study
The course is structured around a deliberate cluster of modules, which aim to cover some of the most essential modern engineering management activities. It aims to deepen your knowledge and capabilities in the key areas of quality management, lean manufacturing, operations, communication and information technology, business, policy and strategy, pervasive issues, supply chain management, business simulation and manufacturing process improvement.
Upon successful completion, you should develop a range of management, intellectual and personal skills – including communication, cultural awareness, team working, objective setting, leadership, consultancy, presentation skills and digital literacy – which are considered as requirements for operational effectiveness and success. Upon successful graduation, you should be better prepared to participate in and lead engineering projects, solving engineering management problems and implementing engineering processes effectively.
How you’ll learn
The course is underpinned by current research in the various specialised fields and newly evolving areas within the disciplines, providing you with the opportunity to explore different ways that effective leadership and management can significantly contribute to wealth creation, competitiveness, and the advancement of society.
Actual teaching contact hours will vary depending on the level of study and the requirements of a particular semester. In a typical week, your contact hours may be divided amongst:
- Case studies
- Individual and group exercises
In addition, you will be expected to undertake significant self-directed study each week, at least 17 hours, depending on the demands of individual modules. The number of contact hours may vary from semester to semester, however, on average, it is likely to be around 15 contact hours per week.
This course will be assessed by coursework and exams.
The Coventry University Group assessment strategy ensures that our courses are fairly assessed and allows us to monitor student progression towards the achieving the intended learning outcomes.
On successful completion, you will have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of: A range of techniques, including the latest developments, to aid the management and business processes in a product-based organisation; the holistic nature of a product based organisation and how the main business functions inter-relate; how product based organisations interact with the external environment and the opportunities created by operating in a common market.
- Apply relevant engineering business management concepts and theories to new contexts.
- Analyse engineering management and business problems and exercise reasoned judgement in assessing business needs in a technology based enterprise.
- Synthesise innovative solutions to problems in an engineering environment using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Select appropriate tools for the analysis of engineering products and systems.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, analysis and synthesis concerning business problems and potential solutions.
- Communicate effectively (orally and in writing) in English.
- Effectively use communication and information technology tools in business applications. Transfer ideas and concepts from one area of knowledge to another in the development of solutions to engineering business management issues.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>