Almost everyone in the UK will benefit at some point in their lives from disease diagnosis expertise. This IBMS accredited course provides a sound base in the laboratory sciences used to diagnose or investigate diseases, preparing you for a range of careers.
Study normal life processes and the pathological changes that occur in disease. Keep up to date with current developments with guest lectures by biomedical science experts from institutes and hospital laboratories.
Gain experience in techniques – such as problem based learning (PBL) for disease diagnosis – commonly used in medical schools.
Our Biomedical Science BSc (Hons) degree provides an excellent base to pursue a career in hospital laboratories, pharmaceutical industries and/or postgraduate entry into medical science related courses.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Learn about the latest advances in Biomedical Sciences from research-active staff and guest lecturers from institutes and hospital laboratories.
- Study using a range of learning styles including seminars, workshops, group work, practical classes, case studies and project work.
- Develop skills and knowledge in laboratory disciplines such as pathology, microbiology, histology and biochemistry in a research or hospital lab opening up careers in pharmaceutical companies, laboratories, teaching, scientific publishing, quality assurance, the food and drink industry and sales/marketing.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of how the human body works and a solid foundation in the laboratory science that is widely-used to diagnose human diseases
- Explore advances in areas such as biotechnology and medicine, and the impact they have.
- Benefit from our strong links with local hospital laboratories and international research institutes and industry-standard labs which offer a modern working environment.
Lecturing staff are actively engaged in scientific research, and have previous experience in academic, government, charity or industry research laboratories. Our teaching and the course are therefore directly informed by our research knowledge and activities.
Key aspects of the course that emphasise employability include:
- Training in key laboratory techniques relevant to employment within the biomedical science field, including awareness of relevant health and safety, legal and ethical considerations.
- Training and practice in the scientific method that underpins all scientific research (developing novel hypotheses, testing these by experiment, accurately interpreting data and understanding error, and drawing valid conclusions).
- Practice in professional standards of reporting including laboratory reports using the standards of professional research publications, preparation of scientific conference posters, and written and oral presentations.
- Guest lectures from employers and from the University’s careers service to provide employability and career guidance, also offers work-based/voluntary opportunities.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>