Accredited by BCS, this Computer Games Development course oﬀers a skill-set that will help you gain employment as a game programmer. You could find yourself at the heart of the game development process, from writing code, testing it and fixing bugs, to producing tools for other members of the team to use.
Whether you’re interested in artificial intelligence, game physics or cross- platform graphics rendering, the computer games industry is a thriving sector that oﬀers many opportunities to work with publishers, independent studios or middleware producers.
This Games Development course places an emphasis on programming for computer games, but it also prepares you for a career in software development, and is your first step towards a rewarding career in the creative industries.
You’ll learn by doing, making use of high-performance computers and working individually and in teams to produce games to tight deadlines. You’ll work on real problems that will prepare you for employment, and develop key skills to support lifelong learning.
You will learn by doing, making use of high-performance computers and working individually and in teams to produce games to tight deadlines. You’ll work on real problems that will prepare you for employment and will develop key skills to support lifelong learning that will help you keep pace with this rapidly changing field.
Our students learn C++ and Unreal® Engine from week one with coverage of Unity® following quickly afterwards. We place a strong emphasis on modern and open source games engines throughout the whole course, with much of this placed within the context of teams. With graphics programming spanning multiple years, you will be well versed in producing striking effects.
Foundation Year: Computer Games Development Degree
- Foundation Statistics
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Integrated Computing Devices
- Working Effectively with Computers
- Web Development Fundamentals
- Information Systems
Year One: Computer Games Development Degree
- C++ Programming for Game Developers
- Computer Systems Concepts
- Game Development Fundamentals, Practice, Professionalism and Employability
- Information Management, Assurance and Security
- Mathematical Tools for Computation
Year Two: Computer Games Development Degree
- Data Structures and Algorithms with Object Oriented Programming
- Professional Practice and Employability, Team Based Game Development Workshop
- Operating Systems Concepts
- Computer Graphics
- Tool Development for Computer Games
- Supervised Work Experience (Computing) (optional)
- Study Overseas (Computing) (optional)
- Computational Mathematics
Year Three: Computer Games Development Degree
- Individual Project
- Real-time Rendering Techniques
- Game Engine Design
- Parallel and Concurrent Programming
- Artificial Intelligence for Game Developers
You will spend 16 hours each week in lectures, tutorials and practical sessions. You will also spend four hours per week, per module, on coursework, general reading and other preparation. You can also be part of our active Computer Games Society and enjoy company visits and guest lectures from industry professionals.
Assessment includes examinations, coursework and problem-based exercises taught using real-life scenarios.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>